PDA

View Full Version : Help ZZR Jumping out of 2nd

raster
10th March 2006, 19:40
I got a 93 ZZR 400 that jumps out of Second so I got another engine and it does the same F**king thing.

I have been doing some pricing from Kawasaki and won't have much change from $1000 for 2 gears and 2 forks. :ar15:

Does anyone know where I can get some good gearbox parts from.

I'm getting a little F*cked off with it.

Is it a common thing for these to do this????

imdying
10th March 2006, 20:29
A gear shop will be able to undercut your gears and build up your dogs to like new. A good shop should get the relevant bits rehardened too I believe.

Motu
10th March 2006, 21:18
If it was a car you could use a rope or block of wood to hold it in....

Had an XR Honda that jumped out of 2 gears,but never under race conditions,only when street riding when less throttle was used...remedy? - WOT all the time!

wari
10th March 2006, 21:32
ONe of my bikes jumps outtof ferst .. :oi-grr:

WHichis a bitt discon-surtin harrdon the gas halff way into a tern .. :spudwow:

CAn re-sullt inna tossoff™ .. :tugger:

MY re-meddy ... ? ... hold the bug-grr in with m' foot un-till I wanna chainge .. :woohoo:

TEll ya whatt..

Iff ya carnt adapt ya die .. :spudguita

raster
12th March 2006, 17:47
ONe of my bikes jumps outtof ferst .. :oi-grr:

WHichis a bitt discon-surtin harrdon the gas halff way into a tern .. :spudwow:

CAn re-sullt inna tossoff™ .. :tugger:

MY re-meddy ... ? ... hold the bug-grr in with m' foot un-till I wanna chainge .. :woohoo:

TEll ya whatt..

Iff ya carnt adapt ya die .. :spudguita

Tried that, just goes Bang rattle clung clung and got wheel spin :shit:
Bit hairy around corners or splitting, I'm getting quite good at remembering what gear I'm in though :calm:

raster
12th March 2006, 17:50
A gear shop will be able to undercut your gears and build up your dogs to like new. A good shop should get the relevant bits rehardened too I believe.

You mean a gearbox shop or engineering shop, hadn't thort of that, thanks.:slap:

imdying
12th March 2006, 18:06
I last used Mike Jones Gears here in Christchurch, neither strictly a gearbox or engineering shop, but very good at both. Didn't cost the earth either. Couriers are cheap, if you can't find someone local, send it to him. Of course, it's a pretty big assumption that these parts are faulty, really need to diag it first.

/edit: Oh yeah. I seem to recall he fixed up the selector drum too. Might as well send him the whole box, get the whole thing looked at.

oldrider
12th March 2006, 18:27
Is this a common Kawasaki problem? John.

BEAMER89
12th March 2006, 18:34
I know of a guy that got his gearbox cogs rebilt and they shit them selves within 18 months, Cost him three times as mush in the long run.
Just something to think about before going the cheap way.
:2thumbsup

imdying
12th March 2006, 18:56
Yes, I definitely recommend going to a shop with a good reputation, and one that'll have the necessary bits rehardened.

raster
13th March 2006, 12:50
Is this a common Kawasaki problem? John.

Thats what I'm trying to find out John.

Might try getting some good:nya: gears second hand and go with new selector forks washers and circlips??

Going over options at this stage, thanks for the input guys!