PDA

View Full Version : hyosung sf50 fast

rjwoodie
19th March 2006, 18:47
hey ya all. can someone please tell me how to derestrict my hyosung sf50 scooter. cheers.

NC
19th March 2006, 18:54
Sell it and buy a 250:mellow:

The Beast
19th March 2006, 19:32
scooter.....

mod, please move to correct forum..
cheers:niceone:

blitz
19th March 2006, 19:39
hey ya all. can someone please tell me how to derestrict my hyosung sf50 scooter. cheers.

I had the rally version of these scooters. Was quite slow, it only went just under 50. If yours doesnt go over 50k id say sell it and get your bike license and get something thats capable of going a bit faster and is not going to hold up traffic. Or get a de-restricted Suzuki SJ50. They can go about 60-65k and your not gonna have cars up your arse or nearly clipping you when they pass. I have been riding a scooter for a few years now and just got my bike learners. Was really easy. Motorbikes are alot better!!

Anyway i think you can cut the black ignition wire on the Fast versions and that may give you 5-10k more. If that doesnt work than i dont think theres anything else that re-stricts them. They are just slow scooters.

Cheers

NC
19th March 2006, 19:45
I had the rally version of these scooters. Was quite slow, it only went just under 50. If yours doesnt go over 50k id say sell it and get your bike license and get something thats capable of going a bit faster and is not going to hold up traffic. Or get a de-restricted Suzuki SJ50. They can go about 60-65k and your not gonna have cars up your arse or nearly clipping you when they pass. I have been riding a scooter for a few years now and just got my bike learners. Was really easy. Motorbikes are alot better!!

Anyway i think you can cut the black ignition wire on the Fast versions and that may give you 5-10k more. If that doesnt work than i dont think theres anything else that re-stricts them. They are just slow scooters.

Cheers
Even a Suzuki TR50, those "scooters" are a hell of a lot of fun

blitz
19th March 2006, 21:14
Yea scooters are deffinantly fun and good transport, thats why i rode mine to uni each day for a few years. I just think ones that are slow and struggle up hills are dangerous and should be avioded. Mainly because you will have irrate cagers try all sort of dodgey moves if your impeding traffic alot. And we all know how ignorant some cagers can get these days!

The Beast
21st March 2006, 16:42
I know that some scooters have restrictors in the carb and exhaust, and I have been told that if you derestrict it, it will be more prone to seize. (told by a person with experience) The simple solution if you want to go faster is get a bike.