PDA

View Full Version : Council bans children from riding motorbike on their own land

Bob
1st April 2006, 00:18
File under 'Heartless':

Two child bikers have been banned from riding their 80cc trailbike… on their own land. Breckland Council wrote to the parents of Jade and Daniel Snare, telling them that their sons cannot ride their bike on the field they own at Oxborough in Norfolk.

The children made a heartfelt plea to the council “We have a grass field and sometimes, on a Sunday, we all go to the field to ride our small motorbikes. We have done this since we were three-years-old. We are not doing anything wrong and we are not hurting anyone. Please help because our mum keeps crying, our dad is very angry and all we want are things to be all right again.”

A council spokesman said: "As we have received a complaint from another resident and a formal body we do have to investigate the matter. But we have talked to Mr and Mrs Snare about the problem and have tried to help as much as we can by explaining the various options they can take. We hope that we can find an amicable solution."

oldguy
4th April 2006, 06:35
That sort of shit happens here, for real:argh:

Colapop
4th April 2006, 06:41
On their own property?!!?? What a bunch of pricks!

Swoop
4th April 2006, 08:03
I truly hope the council was told to F*CK OFF!!! in the nastiest possible way...:kick:

SwanTiger
4th April 2006, 09:51
When I was younger my brother and I had this problem.

Lucky for us, the council gave us permission to ride from 6am until 12pm and then 1pm until 6pm. Fucken awesome it was.

Dont_die_wondering
26th April 2006, 18:38
thats really mean, man the councill can be pricks! , poor kiddies :confused:

FROSTY
26th April 2006, 18:50
Read this carefully those of you that are the brainless idiots that rip around on your trailies with no baffling in the zorsts.
We have the "right" ro ride on these trails FOR NOW. Right untill enough tree huggers whinge about the "excessive noise" the bikes make.
Now ya think im all fulla shit--what happened to western springs ???

placidfemme
26th April 2006, 18:56
That really sucks... I know some people don't follow the law in regards to helmets and stuf on private land... but thats what it is... "Private" land... thats just rude... what will they ban next..

R6_kid
26th April 2006, 19:15
someone should organise a trail ride in that field, just to get back at the neighbours.

Motu
26th April 2006, 20:00
Good idea,always fancied a day trip to Norfolk....

Deano
27th April 2006, 08:54
Read this carefully those of you that are the brainless idiots that rip around on your trailies with no baffling in the zorsts.
We have the "right" ro ride on these trails FOR NOW. Right untill enough tree huggers whinge about the "excessive noise" the bikes make.
Now ya think im all fulla shit--what happened to western springs ???

Perhaps it's as much their right to ride the bikes as it is for the neighbours to have some peace and quiet ?

Not enough information in the article to determine why they can't ride them anymore.

If it is noise then restricting hours of riding is a good compromise and has previously been carried out in the Hutt.