PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 1200????

Matt Bleck
5th April 2006, 08:49
Had this email sent to me this morning, so I went to their site to see what the go is and guess what? Ya gotta buy the mag to find out more! :oi-grr: ( fun that) Had a quick search with google - nothing, Ducati - zip.

Anyone else heard or have any pic's?? Or even better have the latest MCN mag.

In MCN: Sneak peek at Ducati's new flagship V-twin

At last! Ducati are going to bin their controversially-styled 999 and replace it with a new flagship V-twin that goes back to the iconic 916 for inspiration. We’ve got a sneak peek at what it’ll look like, plus we know it’ll definitely be a 1200, whether they’re allowed to race it in WSB or not.

In the tiny pic it looks like a honda front, but I guess it's just some artist's impression. :oi-grr:

Bob
5th April 2006, 08:55
Beware MCN "exclusives" and "sneak peeks"... and ESPECIALLY "artist's impressions".

This tends to translate as "We've not got a main news feature this week, so lets come up with something". Not something that is necessarily anywhere close to reality - especially the artist's impressions.

On the Ducati front though, I believe that hypermotard that won awards is going to be put into production.

Matt Bleck
5th April 2006, 08:59
Yip your bang on the money there Bob.

http://www.ducati.com/news/06/news010/news010.jhtml;jsessionid=34ELPJU2PYWUYCRNCB3CFFQKF UIHSIV2

Pwalo
5th April 2006, 11:29
Perhaps this is related to the story that Ducati were looking at getting the WSB rules changed to let them run 1200s against the Japanese 1000s.