PDA

View Full Version : choppertard

Postie
6th April 2006, 13:46
I just saw a guy on a micro chopper with a t-shirt and groovy german WW helmet getting on to the southern motorway. I know they are 110cc but is it legal for those things to be on the motorway?
the guy must have a death wish getting on there, the southern under Symonds street is a nightmare.

Fishy
6th April 2006, 14:07
They should be outlawed completely!. They are dangerous no matter where you ride them. Cheap chinese junk!.

The_Dover
6th April 2006, 14:17
not too mention they are more gay than cowpoos singing bette midler.

The Beast
6th April 2006, 15:57
One less moron on the road i suppose...

Matt Bleck
6th April 2006, 16:04
They should be outlawed completely!. They are dangerous no matter where you ride them. Cheap chinese junk!.

I thought Junk's where japanese!?!?:Pokey:

Ixion
6th April 2006, 17:31
Nope.If it IS 110 cc it has to be registered as a motorcycle. VInned, WoF, the works. And a class 6 licence. And they can't be vinned - normally at any rate though mr MarkAuckland will probably tell me I'm wrong and if you spend $5000 on extra bits for one you can VIN it.

But I've decided I'm not really anti them as such - only if they're ridden dangerously or stupidly - admittedly, they often are , but not always, I'm seen some quite competant riding on them.

Motu
6th April 2006, 17:41
I don't see a problem with a mini chopper in stalled traffic,which is spagetti junction 99% of the time.

Coyote
6th April 2006, 18:08
But I've decided I'm not really anti them as such - only if they're ridden dangerously or stupidly - admittedly, they often are , but not always, I'm seen some quite competant riding on them.
That's the smartest thing I've heard all day.

I've seen more people using mini choppers as commuters than teens joy riding on them recklessly. They're just like any other moped

metric
8th April 2006, 15:47
I've seen more people using mini choppers as commuters than teens joy riding on them recklessly. They're just like any other moped

nope - I disagree - a normal moped/scooter has the rider sitting about level with a car driver's eyesight, those choppers are about a half a foot off the ground... so they aren't the same

that said, I don't particularly mind them either - I think they can be seen as an introduction to the joys of riding on two wheels - eventually these chopper riders might want to take that next step and get an 'actual motorbike'

if I was given one for free, I'd probably give it a go or three before selling it