PDA

View Full Version : McGregor adopts “Long Way Round” orphan

Bob
12th April 2006, 23:30
Ewan McGregor has adopted a Mongolian orphan girl that he met during making “Long Way Round”. Now aged four, she is thought to be preparing to move to Britain to live with McGregor and his family.

A spokeswoman for McGregor confirmed that he had adopted the girl but gave no further details. The actor previously agreed to fund the living and school expenses of another abandoned girl in Ulan Bator until she is at least sixteen.

Dutchee
20th April 2006, 21:38
Yeah, that little one really hit them hard - pretty obvious from the series. Good to hear she's gotten out of the pipes. Just a shame there's so many of them. Wonder what she'll think of London & hope she can relate better than she could when she was in Mongolia (I'm picking it's the 2yo who was being fed by an older child - the only person she'd been able to relate to).
And we think life's tough at times.

nudemetalz
3rd May 2006, 17:06
I really have to buy that series. I loved watching it, and hearing stories like this gives me a huge respect for Ewan McGregor.

The Beast
3rd May 2006, 19:05
The series was brilliant. I watched most of it and have been meaning to buy the DVD but haven't got around to it. Good to hear the orphan has gone to a good home and can enjoy a more fortunate life.