PDA

View Full Version : NW 200 organisers in cash plea

Bob
21st April 2006, 00:28
Coleraine and District Motor Club, the organisers of the North West 200 have urged local traders to help meet the escalating costs of staging the race by supporting a cash sponsorship scheme.

Targeting traders in the Portrush, Portstewart and Coleraine region, the initiative offers four levels of cash sponsorship from a small trader donation of £100 to a gold level rate of £1,000 for larger businesses.

Clerk of Course Mervyn Whyte said: "Whilst public bodies such as Coleraine Borough Council do fund the North West 200, public grants are limited. Operational costs incurred each year are now almost £700,000 and we need to explore new ways of meeting these costs whilst at the same time developing the event format to ensure its long-term future.”

Pwalo
21st April 2006, 08:09
I hope that they can secure enough funding. The NW200 loks an amazing event. I've got last year's race on DVD. The sound the bikes make going flat out round there is just amazing.

Bob, how is the E6 going. Must be time for an update.

Bob
21st April 2006, 20:36
Bob, how is the E6 going. Must be time for an update.

So far about 300 miles on the clock - and enjoying it. Still adapting to the riding position, but it is all coming together. Don't think it is worth saying much until I'm into the "You can go up to 6,000 revs" zone (just a couple of hundred miles to go, so hoping to get there by the end of next week), so I can get a real feel for what the engine can do.

Of course, I know full well that as soon as I get there, I am off on my holiday! And I really don't fancy riding in Turkey...:gob: