PDA

View Full Version : New “Biker Town” founded

Bob
2nd May 2006, 23:51
A new town has been founded in Georgia, USA. Nothing unusual in that, but it is not expected that there will be any permanent residents. The reason? It is a purpose-built biker town set up for a series of events during the year.

‘Angel City’, built on a 400 acre site at a cost of USD 2 million, is described as a “Western Style biker haven”

Angel City's builder, John Wayne Smith, said he wanted to create a biker haven "I want people to have a good time," said Smith, 55. "And of course I wanted something in Georgia."

The inaugural event, the Iron Angels Rally & Music Festival, drew about 17,000 people, according to Smith. Another biker rally is scheduled for Oct. 12-15.

Smith said Angel City could also be used as a staging area for bikers heading to the major rallies in Daytona each year.

Colapop
3rd May 2006, 06:55
Yehaaa!! The Wild Wild West reborn. How appropriate (and American) that it be instigated by a guy named John Wayne....

Pwalo
3rd May 2006, 09:00
Oh no,it sounds like it'll be another theme based American holiday park. Wonder if you have to get dressed up in your favourite 'Village People' gay biker gear to go along.

I need another coffee.