PDA

View Full Version : British biker shot dead in Thai resort

Bob
5th May 2006, 00:30
A British biker, who lived in the resort of Pattaya in the Thai holiday resort of Pattaya has been shot and killed for his bike.

Thai police said Steven Parkinson, 47 and a female companion had left a bar by motorbike when they were approached by two pairs of youths, also on motorbikes, who opened fire, killing Mr Parkinson. They then robbed them and fled.

The Foreign Office said consular assistance was being offered to the dead man's family.

Da Bird
5th May 2006, 01:39
Don't think that Pattaya place is a nice place to holiday. A Kiwi guy got shot (in the head) and killed while out on his bike several days ago as well. His girlfriend set him up to be murdered after swindling all his money.

SpankMe
5th May 2006, 11:43
Shit, this is pretty unusual for Thailand. Been there many times, including Pattaya, and it is well known as a very safe place to visit. You can wonder around back streets and off the beaten track without any safety worries. I hope this is not a trend of how thing will be in that beautiful country.

R6_kid
5th May 2006, 20:15
thats pretty farked up... guess i'll cross thailand off my list of places to riding on the R6!

Maybe that guy gave them the learn on some country roads and they didnt like it?

Kornholio
5th May 2006, 20:21
killing Mr Parkinson. They then robbed them and fled.

The Foreign Office said consular assistance was being offered to the dead man's family.

So what happened to the chick...wass she a 12 yr old ho?