PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike minder to tail Prince William

Bob
26th May 2006, 00:23
Prince William is to be tailed by a bodyguard when he goes for a ride on his motorcycle. The 23 year old Prince of Wales is considered “too inexperienced” to ride his 1100cc Honda Super Blackbird by himself and so will be followed by one of Prince Charles’ senior bodyguards, specially trained to take on the role.

Lets’ hope this officer does not suffer the same fate as the previous incumbent in the role, who was fired for criticising the Price’s riding.

Gremlin
26th May 2006, 00:30
Lets’ hope this officer does not suffer the same fate as the previous incumbent in the role, who was fired for criticising the Price’s riding.
Now the non-pc and actual fact is that the bodyguard couldn't keep up... isn't it?? :blip:

If I had a bodyguard tailing me... I just know I would try to lose him when splitting :devil2:

Bob
26th May 2006, 00:41
This is the link to the piece I put up last time William was issued a 'Minder' (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=4287&highlight=prince+william).

No great shock to learn that the Heir to the throne got all upset last time he got a spot of - by the sound of it - very well deserved criticism.

Gremlin
26th May 2006, 00:50
well thats done it... you've gone and ruined my little laugh. :doobey:

On a serious note, the guy should be listening to the advice. From another viewpoint, he's employing a guy to check his riding. The bodyguard probably has a vast amount of knowledge, and I am shocked by how little I knew when starting out, when I look back. Take the tips, it may save your life one day.

More scary knowing this will keep happening throughout my riding time.

Colapop
26th May 2006, 08:37
Does riding a bike make him a harder target or an easier one?

Apparently one of the reasons they enjoy doing it is that it's inconspicuous...

If you're on a bike with a tinted visor then you could be anyone, unless you've got the royal creast stiched into the back of course ;)

The kid lost a parent at a young age, and I can understand what that does to you, but not many people have had, and will have as easy a life as this guy is destined to have.

Imaging the pickup lines "Hey, wanna be my queen?"

Nicksta
26th May 2006, 09:06
hmmmm maybe he wants a bikie queen???
lol
the poor guy getting tailed while riding... he wont be able to get up to any mischeif....

Bloody hell... didn't take you long to get back online did it!

Anyways... I'm afraid unless your daddys an oil baron or invented popcorn or something then you're outta luck.

Besides... he's a pedegree... generations of inbreeding have led to a remarkably low IQ.

All the queens horses, and all the queens men couldn't get William higher than a 2:1 in his degree.

Switch
26th May 2006, 12:13
haha, does he have anything that makes him stand out? apart from the dude behind him wearing a fancy suit :nya:

Qkkid
26th May 2006, 12:16
haha, does he have anything that makes him stand out? apart from the dude behind him wearing a fancy suit :nya:
INSTEAD OF A HELMET HE IS PROBABLY WEARING A CROWN:shutup:

Apart from having more money than brains?

Apparently he has a custom spec Ducati 999s or something...

Switch
26th May 2006, 12:40
hahaha whats the bet that the body guard behind him had a few cops following him, and then an ambulance following them. He owns a ducati and that say hes inexperienced :-/ i'ld be worried about him riding too

Biohazard
26th May 2006, 12:47
Prince William is to be tailed by a bodyguard when he goes for a ride on his motorcycle. The 23 year old Prince of Wales is considered “too inexperienced” to ride his 1100cc Honda Super Blackbird by himself and so will be followed by one of Prince Charles’ senior bodyguards, specially trained to take on the role.

I h8 to be a pain but...Prince William is not the Prince of Wales unless Charles has just died Prince William is a Prince of England (atleast thats im led to beleive).

But how friggin funny is it though...Did he hav e a body guard with him when he lost his cherry !! as he was inexperienced then aswell :blip:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
26th May 2006, 12:59
I'm surprised he was allowed to have a bike!!! Be the only bit of sheer freedom the poor bugger would have - when he's on the bike.

Technically he's not a prince of anything...

Switch
26th May 2006, 14:18
I say they should let him have fun on his motorbike. It is true, it would be the only freedom he would get from the media. Mabe the media will start chasing bikers around england hoping that its him:nya:

The Stranger
26th May 2006, 14:42
If I had a bodyguard tailing me...

It would probably be someone elses body guard trying to get rid of you for stalking again.

Bob
26th May 2006, 20:57
I h8 to be a pain but...Prince William is not the Prince of Wales unless Charles has just died Prince William is a Prince of England (atleast thats im led to beleive).

You are, of course, quite correct. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I must have assumed that Charles passed the title over to William. William IS a Prince, but just not of anything specific. I'm guessing he will have some minor titles acceded to him in the meantime though.

ogr1
19th June 2006, 18:06
and no doubt he will get plenty of canteen medals for doing his bit in the forces.
I find it bizzare that the young prince has a bodyguard on tow whilst riding ones motorcycle, but he is actually uninsurable for any motorbike. If you have enough wealth then insurance is not an option, wonder if he's in Bupa?:nya:

Bob
20th June 2006, 00:41
If you have enough wealth then insurance is not an option.

The "If you have X amount in the bank then insurance is not necessary" rule was abolished many years ago. Thankfully. You want to drive or ride in the UK, you have to have insurance, end of story.

Given his postcode, I imagine the insurances rates are pretty decent if he does go for Fully Comprehensive! Cover being based on bike, postcode and rider history not how much you have in the bank.

ZeroIndex
20th June 2006, 06:50

..and the conversation went as such:
Bodyguard:"After riding for 2 weeks, I don't think you should be pulling wheelies while lanesplitting at 140km/h"
Princy: PISS OFF YOU SLAG!! :D P/T

ogr1
21st June 2006, 20:01
The "If you have X amount in the bank then insurance is not necessary" rule was abolished many years ago. Thankfully. You want to drive or ride in the UK, you have to have insurance, end of story.

Given his postcode, I imagine the insurances rates are pretty decent if he does go for Fully Comprehensive! Cover being based on bike, postcode and rider history not how much you have in the bank.

Yes for the common man perhaps, but I can't see the future heir to the throne leaving his personal details on some insurance database, can you? What with the threat of hackers/terrorism/fraud/kidnap/data protection...I just can't see it happening.......Take the DVLA for example, anyone can fill in a form for any particular vehicle in the UK, pay your money and gain personal details and access to vehicle reg/address.....etc, it's common knowledge that wheel clamping companies use this information from the DVLA already.
I could be wrong, but unless you know different? Then I'll take it with a pinch of salt :yes:

Bob
23rd June 2006, 23:52
To be honest, his information isn't exactly hard to work out.

Name William Windsor,
Age (however old he is)
Residence Buckingham Palace, London or Highgrove House, Gloucestershire*

Any monies due will be paid by some flunky at the palace.

* I'd put Highgrove down as country rates are better than central London!

scracha
24th June 2006, 09:02
I could be wrong, but unless you know different? Then I'll take it with a pinch of salt :yes:
Large companies with enough peso's in the bank can insure themselves (i.e. Firstgroup insure their own buses) so I'd image HRH Ltd do his insurance. Probably has numberplates care of MI6 or summit.