PDA

View Full Version : Drunk driver who killed biker sentenced to 35 years

Bob
13th June 2006, 00:23
A Galveston, Texas, man was sentenced to 35 years in prison Friday for the intoxicated manslaughter of a motorcyclist.

Testimony showed Kenyon Demar Hurd had a blood alcohol content that was 2 1/2 times the legal limit when he careened his car into the group of bikers returning from a rally, causing the death of Jim Pierce, 43.

Hurd, through an attorney, asked the court to allow him to be placed on deferred adjudication so he could seek treatment in a rehabilitation program. But prosecutor Bradley asked for a stiff sentence because he said, "Hurd had shown no remorse."

Court records showed Hurd had prior convictions for several drug offences, fire arms possession and resisting arrest.

Da Bird
13th June 2006, 00:58
If there is one good thing about the USA, they give out decent sentences for that sort of thing, not like here where you might get 3 years and back out on the street after 12 months.

James Deuce
13th June 2006, 07:18
So why didn't that US Senator, Janklow, get the same?

Biohazard
13th June 2006, 09:51

Whats this ??? tell me more ?

James Deuce
13th June 2006, 09:57
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/22/janklow.sentencing/

Biohazard
13th June 2006, 12:11
WTF bastad politicians always think they are above the law and the get away with murder...in this case literally.

Stupid old fat c*nt.

placidfemme
13th June 2006, 12:38
A Galveston, Texas, man was sentenced to 35 years in prison Friday for the intoxicated manslaughter of a motorcyclist.

Testimony showed Kenyon Demar Hurd had a blood alcohol content that was 2 1/2 times the legal limit when he careened his car into the group of bikers returning from a rally, causing the death of Jim Pierce, 43.

Hurd, through an attorney, asked the court to allow him to be placed on deferred adjudication so he could seek treatment in a rehabilitation program. But prosecutor Bradley asked for a stiff sentence because he said, "Hurd had shown no remorse."

Court records showed Hurd had prior convictions for several drug offences, fire arms possession and resisting arrest.

Its good to hear some people are brought to justice... but you must ask... had the guy not had previous convictions would he still have got the 35 years?

sunhuntin
14th June 2006, 13:03

exactly what id like to know! if i remember rightly, bikers were thinking of boycotting sturgis in protest of this....been a while since i read the article.

Finn
14th June 2006, 13:06
WTF bastad politicians always think they are above the law and the get away with murder...in this case literally.

Stupid old fat c*nt.

Just like your current leader. She should be put down.

James Deuce
14th June 2006, 13:14
Holy crap, I just saw on the BBC site that they gave him (Janklow) his licence to practice law back!!

There's no justice.

Biohazard
14th June 2006, 16:25
:eek5:WTF :brick: complete bunch of corrupt :tugger:

Indoo
14th June 2006, 18:17
Holy crap, I just saw on the BBC site that they gave him (Janklow) his licence to practice law back!!

There's no justice.

And when you really think about it, what is worse, an alcoholic drug abuser who doesn't have a clue what he's doing runs a stop sign killing a biker. Or a completely sober politician who knows exactly what he is doing does the same thing, with the end result?

How can they be treated differently as if the Politician who was in complete control of his senses is somehow less liable?

The should both have been given 35 years jail. Irrespective of what good you might have done for the community (in the interests of promoting your career more likely) the end result is the same. You've killed a person as a direct result of your negilence, either through drinking and driving, or running a stop sign not giving a crap if anyones coming the other way.

I would say good all USA but the same thing happens here, only we are not talking about 35 years, maybe 3.5 but really even that is unlikely.

sunhuntin
14th June 2006, 20:32

There's no justice.

think i read that a while back....tossers.