PDA

View Full Version : BBC News UK, Very sad........

ogr1
16th June 2006, 02:59
Body could be road crash victim

The A3075 has been the scene of a number of bike accidents
A body discovered in undergrowth near the roadside in Cornwall could have been there for more than two weeks, police have said.
The body was found at Penhallow on the Redruth to Newquay road on Tuesday.

It is thought to be a 48-year-old man from Falmouth who was reported as missing at the end of May.

Police believe the man may have been involved in a collision when he was riding a motorbike through a series of bends on the A3075.

Motorcycle examination

He is believed to have collided with bollards and broken through a granite wall.

Police said a forensic examination of both the man's body and the motorcycle were to be carried out in order to formally identify him.

No other vehicle is thought to be involved in the incident.

The road is well-known and popular with motorcyclists, and there have been a number of serious accidents in the area involving riders.

WRT
16th June 2006, 09:51
So what happened to the bike? Surely if he crashed on a bike, then there should be a wreck lying round somewhere? I would have thought that to be a dead giveaway as to whether he was a crash victim or not.

Biohazard
16th June 2006, 09:55
So what happened to the bike? Surely if he crashed on a bike, then there should be a wreck lying round somewhere? I would have thought that to be a dead giveaway as to whether he was a crash victim or not.

:lol: you have never met the Cornish Police then (not that bright tbh) :blip:

Yeh them cornish not too bright eh...

But it said he crashed through a concrete wall, must have been going some, I'd imagine the bike was lodged somewhere in a tree or something, and nobody knew it was there.

crashe
16th June 2006, 11:30
Could they not spot the broken conctrete wall and then check it out...
I guess not.

RIP to the rider.

ogr1
17th June 2006, 03:12
From what I can gather, the road was in poor condition and this guy & his bike ended up in a ditch that ran parallel to that road. The undergrowth covered his tracks and eventually swallowed him up along with the bike.
The crash scene just vanished......spooky!

metric
18th June 2006, 22:22
spooky indeed... what a way to go

RIP

Bob
18th June 2006, 22:38
Could they not spot the broken conctrete wall and then check it out...
I guess not.

In Cornwall, a roadside wall is more likely to be a drywall - skilled process, you build the wall from local rocks and stones, no cement, no concrete.

Of course, these do get damaged from time to time, so it isn't unusual to see a wall where some of the rocks etc have come loose.

But from what Ogr1 says, there was a drainage ditch running alongside - so the bike and rider could easily have been literally swallowed up. And if the ditch was overgrown, then he would have just disappeared from sight.

Lou Girardin
19th June 2006, 08:41
Similar thing happened in Otago earlier this year. Biker binned and wasn't found for several days.