PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist killed in rush-hour lightning strike

Eddieb
23rd June 2006, 11:09
From cnn.com
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/22/motorcycle.lightning.ap/index.html

WESTMINSTER, Colorado (AP) -- A motorcyclist died after he was struck by lightning while riding in rush hour traffic between Denver and Boulder, police said.

Witnesses reported seeing a flash of light shortly before the motorcyclist struck the center divider on U.S. 36 Wednesday, police spokesman Tim Read said.

Gary Missi, 46, of Longmont was pronounced dead at the scene.
(Watch where lightning gouged the asphalt -- 1:09)

A coroner's investigation was under way to determine whether the lightning bolt, the collision or something else caused his death, Read said.

The lightning blasted a 4-inch-deep hole in the highway and sent chunks of asphalt hurtling across the highway.

SARGE
23rd June 2006, 11:10
man... Kharma wanted him BAD that day..

Finn
23rd June 2006, 11:16
Where's Kharma when our PM is out and about. It's probably the extra rubber in her comfortable shoes that prevents this.

SARGE
23rd June 2006, 11:17
Where's Kharma when our PM is out and about. It's probably the extra rubber in her comfortable shoes that prevents this.

no man.. even lightning has standards

The_Dover
23rd June 2006, 11:19

Fuck man, even karma is a fucking lesbian.

Jamezo
23rd June 2006, 12:54
Finn, I sincerely hope I'm not the first person to tell you this, but you have an obsession with Helen Clark bordering on the perverse.

You manage to work her in to nearly every one of your 'contributions', no matter how tenous, inane, or mind-numbingly stupid the connection.

Are you hoping that she'll get bored one day and google her own name, and your fawning posts will be up there in the first page by sheer volume?

Are you working on a little hate-shrine in your closet right now? With a papier-mache bust constructed from your pulped tax returns, and a lock of her bowl cut that you stole from the hairdresser?

Finn
23rd June 2006, 13:05
Finn, I sincerely hope I'm not the first person to tell you this, but you have an obsession with Helen Clark bordering on the perverse.

You manage to work her in to nearly every one of your 'contributions', no matter how tenous, inane, or mind-numbingly stupid the connection.

Are you hoping that she'll get bored one day and google her own name, and your fawning posts will be up there in the first page by sheer volume?

Are you working on a little hate-shrine in your closet right now? With a papier-mache bust constructed from your pulped tax returns, and a lock of her bowl cut that you stole from the hairdresser?

1) Actually you are
2) Well spotted
3) You're onto me
4) Not possible. I don't pay tax and I've got a walk-in wardrobe.

nodrog
23rd June 2006, 13:14
From cnn.com

WESTMINSTER, Colorado (AP) -- A motorcyclist died after he was struck by lightning while riding in rush hour traffic between Denver and Boulder, police said.

Witnesses reported seeing a flash of light shortly before the motorcyclist struck the center divider on U.S. 36 Wednesday, police spokesman Tim Read said.

A coroner's investigation was under way to determine whether the lightning bolt, the collision or something else caused his death, Read said.

The lightning blasted a 4-inch-deep hole in the highway and sent chunks of asphalt hurtling across the highway.

thats shocking!

placidfemme
23rd June 2006, 13:51
From cnn.com

Talk about shit for luck... in rush hour traffic he would have been surrounded by larger chunks of metal with more electronics and stuff to attract the lightning... poor bastard... RIP

Madness
24th June 2006, 10:18
That's what ya get for not lining yer helmet with tinfoil, aye markauckland?