PDA

View Full Version : Counties Honda produces top apprentice

Firefight
28th June 2006, 08:00
From "Franklin Life" June 28, 2006.

Counties Honda has produced one of the Top apprentice's in the North Island, Luke Bylsm was one of the top 10 apprentice's chosen by the Motor Industry Training Organisation (MITA)

Luke, who completed a National Certificate of Motor Cycle Engineering told Franklin Life that the apprentice's have become ambassadours for MITA at various car shows and events.

Luke , aged 21 say's it has taken three years to complete his apprenticeship and it has taken lots of motivation and commitment.

But he says, by doing the theroy he gained invaluable knowledge that he couldn't have learnt on the shop floor.

Luke has been with local motorcycle company "Counties Honda" in Pukekohe for nearly four years and belives it was good to start an apprenticeship straight out of school. He encourages others to take up apprenticeships as they are paid to learn, there is no student loan and they come out with qualifications along with in depth skills.

When he joined the company, Luke did one years work experience and it became obvious to owner Pat Sievers, that Luke had exceptional abilities. By the time he was 18 he was running the workshop, and now he is workshop manager with six staff under him.

Pat says Luke excels within the work place and has great leadership qualities. "He is an incredible asset to the company. He was born to the job. He relates to, respects and understands people and is technically very competent".

Luke was bought up on a farm on Onewhereo where he used to pull motors to bits and says he has always been mechanically minded. "I always mucked around on motorbikes and taught myself how to fix them by experimenting and looking at the service manuals..

article ends..

Congratulations Luke, bloody top effort mate :first: :first: and an example to other youngs guys/girls shows what can be done...

F/F

sAsLEX
28th June 2006, 10:01
Well done to him !

He encourages others to take up apprenticeships as they are paid to learn, there is no student loan and they come out with qualifications along with in depth skills.

Oh join the Navy and you get the same deal but get to see the world and if you want can do a degree as well!

The_Dover
28th June 2006, 10:18
Only down side being you have to take it up the arse.

Good old navy boys eh?

HDTboy
28th June 2006, 12:48
Good on him, I assume you know him personally FF. I won that award in 2003.