PDA

View Full Version : ‘Grease 2’ to be remade?

Bob
6th July 2006, 00:35
The Hollywood rumour mill is currently rife with speculation that Paramount are considering a remake of ‘Grease 2’ – one of the biggest musical flops of all time.

The studio are looking to “add some new songs, spice up the cast, and get a stronger script” for the story of a nerd that pretends to be a biker in order to impress the coolest girl in school.

It needs it.

mmmmmmmmmmmm rizzo....

Bob
6th July 2006, 01:14
mmmmmmmmmmmm rizzo....

Wasn't she in the "other" Grease? The one that had things like... success, a passable storyline... stuff like that?

[Showing worrying amount of knowledge] - I thought Frenchy was the only character from the first Grease film that made it into the second? Unless some of the teachers did of course?

Don't know, don't care.

Stockard Channing is one sixty year old I wouldn't mind getting into...

James Deuce
6th July 2006, 08:47
Grease 2 was Michele Pfeiffer's fiirst role. She looks like a skinned chicken leg now. Please get Scarlet Johanssen Hollywood, PLEASE!

Oakie
7th July 2006, 19:26
I saw that film with Mrs Oakie before she was Mrs Oakie. She was more entertaining than the film.

I only remember one song from the film. A little ditty entitled 'Reproduction' (I think). One of those little numbers that you can't get out of your head for weeks after

Swoop
8th July 2006, 21:43
FFS!!! NO!

Haven't we suffered enough at the movies recently?

HenryDorsetCase
9th July 2006, 11:29
I would have thought the first grease film would be more likely for a remake... it was waaaay more popular at the time. It depends on what it would cost I guess.

Im thinking about absolutely risible remakes of decent movies released lately, particularly the remade Pink Panther which was on the plane yesterday. It was terrible.

the best thing about the first Grease movie (I wont admit it, but I am aware it was played on TV recently) was the 46 Ford convertible (not the dream sequence one, the one they drove round in...)

here's the imdb link for grease 2, and theres a plot summary if you need it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084021/

sunhuntin
16th July 2006, 21:01
ooo yeh...the white with lightin bolts. what a sexy car. i fell in love with those gas guzzlers cos of that movie [thats lasted longer than my crush on john travolta and my hidden love for olivia....damn she was hot!]