PDA

View Full Version : ER-6n “the most beautiful bike in the world”?

Bob
13th July 2006, 23:04
Kawasaki’s ER-6n has been called many things – but beautiful? According to the jury at "The World's Most Beautiful Motorcycle" awards, held in Milan it is. The jury - consisting of several artists, designers, journalists and motorycle racing champion Giacomo Agostini - decided that the ER-6n is the most beautiful bike in the category 'Naked Streetbike'.

The jury examined 26 motorcycles and scooters - the highest expression of style on two wheels - presented by 15 European, Japanese and US manufacturers. The ER-6n was the only Japanese winner.

Darryboy
13th July 2006, 23:18
Not exactly an original design is it?

Looks like Kawasaki heavily copied Benelli... Mind you copying is standard fare for the Japanese.

zadok
13th July 2006, 23:19
Quite a suprise, I must say.

limbimtimwim
13th July 2006, 23:37
The ER-6n looks GREAT in pictures.

But in the metal? I was totally let down.

I see the inverse for the MV Augusta Brutale. Looks fussy and the engine looks too fat in a picture. But stand next to one, absolute eye candy.

VasalineWarrior
14th July 2006, 00:11
Kawasaki’s ER-6n has been called many things – but beautiful? According to the jury at "The World's Most Beautiful Motorcycle" awards, held in Milan it is. The jury - consisting of several artists, designers, journalists and motorycle racing champion Giacomo Agostini - decided that the ER-6n is the most beautiful bike in the category 'Naked Streetbike'.

It looks ok-but most beautiful?! They are smoking some good stuff those judges. Someone let me in on the secret who their dealer is, im running low..

A K6 gsxr 750/ Now theres a bike I could marry. If only this were Canada

Lou Girardin
14th July 2006, 08:26
The Italians would know, unless they were outvoted. I can't imagine them voting for a Japper.
Maybe several million Euros changed hands.

Finn
14th July 2006, 08:30
The Italians would know, unless they were outvoted. I can't imagine them voting for a Japper.
Maybe several million Euros changed hands.

Come on Lou. Are you saying the Italians are corrupt?

Lou Girardin
14th July 2006, 14:41
Come on Lou. Are you saying the Italians are corrupt?
I could be persuaded to tell you:blip:

Big Dave
14th July 2006, 16:01
I could be persuaded to tell you:blip:

You tell - you sleep wif da fishez louie.

limbimtimwim
14th July 2006, 16:28
A K6 gsxr 750/ Now theres a bike I could marry. If only this were CanadaMarry? Ewww.... I know what married people do. Last time I let you sit on it.

Nutter34
14th July 2006, 16:56
It looks ok-but most beautiful?! They are smoking some good stuff those judges. Someone let me in on the secret who their dealer is, im running low..

A K6 gsxr 750/ Now theres a bike I could marry. If only this were Canada

You must be on good shit too if you think a K6 qualifies as a 'naked streetbike', the catagory it won in...

I for one, like it, except for the rounded rearsets...

The_Dover
14th July 2006, 16:58
News just in: Helen Clarke has come top of an Italian FHM magazine poll of the worlds sexiest politicians.

Bonez
15th July 2006, 09:04

The jury examined 26 motorcycles and scooters - the highest expression of style on two wheels - presented by 15 European, Japanese and US manufacturers. The ER-6n was the only Japanese winner.The Black ones are beutifull but the silver ones look crap IMHO.

avgas
15th July 2006, 09:47
The are a nice looking bike.....in an ugly sort of way.
When did agusta do a bellypan exhaust? Sorry im not seeing the similarities

Maha
15th July 2006, 09:58
I for one dont mind the look of it......wouldnt say its ugly
What cracks me up is when, memebers post a pic of their 'new' bike, most reply's are........nice bike mate etc etc.....when some of them are pretty average looking.....opinions are a wonderful thing

avgas
15th July 2006, 10:02
I didnt mean ugly in a bad way. Just ugly, like one of my fave bikes the speed triple. You dont buy a speed triple to look flash, its the type of bike where you grab the throttle in one hand and pull the finger with the other. Ugly

Buster
15th July 2006, 10:34
I look at build quality, materials used, quality of welds, manufacture technique & overall design to influence me if a bike is beautiful. Its a combination of these things that give the bike its look. That rear swingarm just kills it for me.

Im MY opinion, that is not the most beautiful naked bike.

Finn
15th July 2006, 10:38
I look at build quality, materials used, quality of welds, manufacture technique & overall design to influence me if a bike is beautiful. Its a combination of these things that give the bike its look. That rear swingarm just kills it for me.

Well perhaps you should of been one of the judges but would we really trust someone with a bottle up their arse?

Buster
15th July 2006, 10:56
Well perhaps you should of been one of the judges but would we really trust someone with a bottle up their arse?
Nah, Whats your opinion on the bike bro?

Finn
15th July 2006, 11:02
Nah, Whats your opinion on the bike bro?

I think it's the jap's attempt at flare. It's not ugly but I wouldn't own one.

Ixion
15th July 2006, 12:51
Oh, Lordie,please reassure me that they are not going to attempt winkle-pickers next?

I could just cope with flare, now that we no longer have kick start levers to hook the damn things up on. But I could not deal with winkle-pickers again.

SwanTiger
15th July 2006, 13:55
I was quite keen on buying a ER-6N as my next bike, given its style, reasonable power, engine (easy maintenance, etc) and price.

But after seeing one in the flesh (it was in a yellowy colour, so that didn't help) I think they're more of a girls bike. Built for someone who is vertically challenged and of a relatively small build.

Imagine Big Dave on a GN 250, that is the sort of impression it gave me.

SwanTiger
15th July 2006, 14:00

Im MY opinion, that is not the most beautiful naked bike.

I agree with your sentiments.

I would of picked the Cagiva Mito 125 or Cagiva Raptor 650/1000 as the most beautiful bike in the world.

The finish on the Raptor's in particular are amazing and the italian style plus reliable jap engine combo is brilliant (reliable in the sense it is refined).

I saw a Cagiva Raptor 1000 in the flesh for the first time on the Awakino Ride. Managed to get a few photos of certain components of the bike and was impressed.

The V-Raptors leave a lot to be desired with that ALIEN look going on.

Skunk
15th July 2006, 15:03
The ER-6n is not bueatiful. The ER-6f is much nicer except they stuffed up the colour mixes (frame/fairing mix is the reverse of the ER-6n).

Who paid who on the judging panel?

Bob
15th July 2006, 21:47
As the owner of an ER-6f, I would have liked to see the red forks etc with the silver frame - but the gold still works well (see attached photo).

And it is a physically small bike - deliberate move on the part of Kawasaki I understand. Part of their target audience are newly qualified riders, who won't want a big, physically intimidating machine. And it all goes towards making it a terrific handling bike.

My personal gripe with the 'n' is that odd nose cowl thing where the light and the clocks live. From the front it looks like a scooter to me. If they had done a better job with that, I was seriously considering one... until the 'f' appeared and that was that.

Lou Girardin
17th July 2006, 09:36
News just in: Helen Clarke has come top of an Italian FHM magazine poll of the worlds sexiest politicians.

It wasn't Italian, it was the Khazakhistan edition.

Fatjim
17th July 2006, 10:04
The fairing model does look quite good, better than most. But it does look like a "ladies bike" though, which I hope is what they were aiming at.

Pixie
17th July 2006, 14:56
You tell - you sleep wif da fishez louie.
No,that smell is probably something the cats left in his bed

Dazza
17th July 2006, 15:51
I agree with your sentiments.
I saw a Cagiva Raptor 1000 in the flesh for the first time on the Awakino Ride. Managed to get a few photos of certain components of the bike and was impressed.
The V-Raptors leave a lot to be desired with that ALIEN look going on.
You should have seen it a week before the ride (another borrowed it and cleaned it), my mate that owns it hadn't given it a wash for atleast 2yrs and it was looking like a rusty piece of crap (you where talking about the 1000cc red one I take it) but it does go well all the same, he needs to put some high rise decent cans on it IMHO:shifty:

SwanTiger
17th July 2006, 16:01
You should have seen it a week before the ride (another borrowed it and cleaned it), my mate that owns it hadn't given it a wash for atleast 2yrs and it was looking like a rusty piece of crap (you where talking about the 1000cc red one I take it) but it does go well all the same, he needs to put some high rise decent cans on it IMHO:shifty:

Yep, same bike.

I love the concept - Italian style with a refined Suzuki engine and decent suspension.

Definitely needed better looking Can's, but I think most people could live with it.

What was the Cagiva Raptor ranked on this "worlds most beautiful" list?

Dazza
17th July 2006, 16:05
I wish I had photo's of the Raptor before it was cleaned, I used to think it had grey wheels:gob: