PDA

View Full Version : Z200 clutch drag

lb99
14th July 2006, 12:22
The clutch doesnt fully disengage any more, making it hard to put into gear and hard to select neutral, Is there any way I can adjust it other than the cable?

Paul in NZ
14th July 2006, 12:47
probably but I'm not 100% familiar with Z200's.

It will also depend upon your level of expertise? I'd be pulling the clutch cover and having a squizz whats happening.

lb99
14th July 2006, 12:57
probably but I'm not 100% familiar with Z200's.

It will also depend upon your level of expertise? I'd be pulling the clutch cover and having a squizz whats happening.

Im at work at the mo, but I will check it out tonight, some older honda singles have an adjuster on the cover, like a screw and lock nut arrangement, but not this.
the oil is a bit over full tho, maybe thats doing it

Kickaha
14th July 2006, 13:01
Here's a generic guide to motorcycle clutches and adjustments,down the bottom if you click "adjustment screw" it will show you the type of adjuster some bikes have on the end of the clutch push rod

http://dansmc.com/clutches.htm

sometimes it can be related to the type of oil you are using and I also reccomend lubing the cable

Im at work at the mo, but I will check it out tonight, some older honda singles have an adjuster on the cover, like a screw and lock nut arrangement, but not this.

Some bikes have that adjuster under the cover on the end of the cluch basket

T.W.R
14th July 2006, 13:22
There's an adjuster in the mid section of the clutch cable as well as at the lever (see cables diagram cable #3). The clutch assembly is a fairly simple set-up & doesn't identify an internal adjuster on the pushrod.

heres a link to a US site that has full parts diagrams for your Z200

www.buykawasaki.com

go to owner info, parts diagrams, 1979, 200cc, standard street bike, KZ200

lb99
14th July 2006, 13:58
There's an adjuster in the mid section of the clutch cable as well as at the lever (see cables diagram cable #3). The clutch assembly is a fairly simple set-up & doesn't identify an internal adjuster on the pushrod.

heres a link to a US site that has full parts diagrams for your Z200

www.buykawasaki.com

go to owner info, parts diagrams, 1979, 200cc, standard street bike, KZ200

cheers man, Ive adjusted the cable so thats it then, it must be the oil, I'll drain some off and see if it helps

fokz200
9th March 2007, 00:46
Here we are KZ 200 community from Indonesia
too many clubs and innovation for keeping alive with our KZ200

just cek n see it on
official kz200 site
www.fokz200.com

regards