PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Downs motorsport park delayed

Firefight
3rd August 2006, 16:49
for those intersted an update from our local paper.

hope this works !

F/F

sAsLEX
3rd August 2006, 16:57
Its great aye, we have this ground breaking law called the RMA and all it does is allow different groups to hold up progress, lets prey to whoever that no Taniwhas are found causing kaitiakkitanga to come in and halt the progress of another asset NZ needs.

Zed
3rd August 2006, 17:09
Cheers for that Dave, sounds like a green light is close, will be very disappointing if it doesn't eventuate. :nono:

limbimtimwim
3rd August 2006, 19:20
If that is all they have to sort out, there isn't much to sort!

It doesn't seem like they need to satisfy a large group of semi-retired people with nothing better to do or hippies with horses they don't want frightened by the sound.

The wording is open ended 'not adequately dealt with' rather than 'We'll chain ourselves to trees to stop the destruction of innocent lichens that grow on the odd rock we found'.

Yay for new race tracks!!

I feel pointing at the UAE, Bahrain and China for comparison isn't fair, their government/ruling families would be far more autocratic than any dyed blue kiwibiker could ever tolerate!

PDF is for those of us who find Microsoft products offensive.

R6_kid
8th August 2006, 09:38
they were saying construction would start in september if they got the go ahead now, so i guess it'll be christmas before we see any work start WHEN they get the go ahead.

If its handling traffic that they are worried about perhaps they should hold every employer in auckland accountable for the 'rush-hour' traffic in the morning and evening - i think not.

sAsLEX
8th August 2006, 13:42
If its handling traffic that they are worried about perhaps they should hold every employer in auckland accountable for the 'rush-hour' traffic in the morning and evening - i think not.

Interesting you state that, the old green co leader lady gave us a preach (wasn't a lecture) about the problems associated with the 8ish and 5ish peaks in power consumption, of course in line with green policy she offered no solutions, which would mean changing the work/school day for diff orgs to layer the demands so the system would cope for longer without the need to upgrade.

Drunken Monkey
20th September 2006, 16:20
Well according to their own press release, they should have a decision one way or another by the end of the day today. Keep a close eye on the motorsport news over the next 24 hours. I wouldn't be suprised if there was further delays though.

http://www.hamptondowns.com/News.wse

Darryboy
20th September 2006, 16:41
Just checked your link DM and it looks like October 25th will be when we find out.

September 2006

At the request of the Hampton Downs Motorsport Park directors in consultation with Transit and Corrections the hearing will recovene on the 25th October 2006. The traffic issues are being resolved and we look forward to a positive outcome on the 25th October 2006.

trev
25th October 2006, 14:42
At the request of the Corrections Dept the hearing has now been rescheduled for 8/11/06. All traffic issues have now been resolved and we are working on final draft of the conditions for consideration by Corrections Dept management.

I don't know how these guys stay sane dealing with this shit.

sAsLEX
25th October 2006, 14:50
Why corrections? They worried the noisy cars/bike going to upset the poor criminals?