PDA

View Full Version : Can't go up

mikerg250
14th August 2006, 12:03
hello there just rebuild the rg250 with bored barrels and new pistons had it goin and it sounds sweet, problem was when i took it out, put down into first no worries, then tried to shift up to second and it just went into neutral and wouldnt go any higher. ive taken the clutch cover back off, and pissed around with some cog that move up and down that goes from the gear lever rod, could it be that it slipped off the teeth and fucked itself up? if you can understand what im on about some help would be appreciated. chers.

TLDV8
14th August 2006, 18:50
Did you split the crankcases or just do the topend work ? ..ie Was it ok before... You might want to doublecheck the selector that you have mentioned,if it is like some other Suzuki's it has to be in the right mesh position to each other to work............... Workshop Manual ?

FROSTY
17th August 2006, 09:31
simple possibility--youve put the gearchange on backwards-so youre going down into second then up to first but it wont let ya so you're getting neutral

Sketchy_Racer
18th August 2006, 20:48
My old RG 250 used to do that if i didn't use it for a few months.

when it did i used to just hoone down the road in first untill it found second.... then third.... and soo on!

mikerg250
20th August 2006, 19:08
hey thanks for the help, i went and fixed it almost straight away after writing that message - yep it was just the selecter cog not properly lined up. done about 400ks now with no probs, but it really doesnt like starting when cold. cant wait till ive done a thousand ks then i can start giving it some.:yes: