PDA

View Full Version : I am not a bad influence :)

Bulldog
20th August 2006, 10:35
My 7 year old step son has come to a few Mt Wellington events and just loves bikes (I may have had something to do with that :) ) hence this morning I decided it was time to get him on one.

I'm hoping to bring him to the next meeting and hopefully we'll have the kids class by then? Under 10s? I'll be supporting anyway.

He's very green but very keen.

If anyone has ideas of what gear to get him and where from please let me know.

crashe
20th August 2006, 11:04
BMX knee pads and elbow pads.
Decent boots/shoes to protect his toes and ankles etc.
A good helmet.. cheap brand new kids ones around...
(off road helmets are cheaper)
Maybe the shoulder pads as well...

eye protection as well...

Gloves as well...

yungatart
20th August 2006, 11:06
Good on you for being a positive influence in your step son's life. Step relationships aren't easy, but you seem to have a foot in the door to building a good one!

granma2
20th August 2006, 21:08
Hey Bulldog,
get him a $10 pair of knee/elbow pads from The Warewhare (Warehouse) and a full face helmet. A jacket,long pants and a good pair of sandshoes. Mx gloves are fine.
I would just bring him down on Saturdays for the practice laps until he gets confident enough to ride with the juniors.
He can even go out by himself for a few laps if he wants too.
If he gets real serious then get him some good riding gear, for the racing later.
I got a new bike today. It one of those bucket racers. You cant miss it, its painted all yellow.
I cant wait for the next minimoto meet, I had sooo much fun.
We had another race after you left.
Granma

Wellyman
16th September 2006, 21:45
Hey bulldog , looks like you have the same ike as me. have you had problems with the jetting, engine/drive train?
i have had fucken huuge issues with mine so haven't bothered fixing it. fucken stupid thing

PZR
16th September 2006, 22:08
BMX knee pads and elbow pads.
Decent boots/shoes to protect his toes and ankles etc.
A good helmet.. cheap brand new kids ones around...
(off road helmets are cheaper)
Maybe the shoulder pads as well...

eye protection as well...

Gloves as well...

Im with Crashe and Granma 2 on this. That helmet he has on must be yours but it will just break his little neck if he comes off, as its way too big. Get leather gloves as its hard to wipe your arse when you do not have any skin on your hands. There is plenty of kids off road gear around but remember its not designed to slide down tarseal like road bike gear but his speed will be relativly low I assume for some time so pick wisely and both of you enjoy yourselves.