PDA

View Full Version : zxr250c compression psi?

Fisherman
21st August 2006, 17:58
Ill be damned if i can find this anywhere else so, what is the 'normal' compression for a zxr250c that has done about 25000 kms? I was selling it and a buyer got a comp test done that said that it was about 95 psi across all four pots which i thought was getting fairly low and therfore the cam chain and/or sims need work. The bike shop on the other hand said that it was fairly normal. I have found that the compression ratio is suppose to be 12.2 so that x air pressure = around 180psi so please tell me to stop wasting my pennies and 95ish is ok.

WarlockNZ
23rd August 2006, 21:04
dude .. grab a hold of the manual ... you can find it on KB if you look ... failing that ... i've got a copy floating around ... i'd be more then happy to send it to you.

Fisherman
24th August 2006, 19:29
I already had a copy but couldnt find it in there but after a second look and feeling like a twat ive got it.:doh:

WarlockNZ
24th August 2006, 20:30
I already had a copy but couldnt find it in there but after a second look and feeling like a twat ive got it.:doh:

LOL ... the mighty rtfm strikes again :) ... good luck on selling the bike mate ... although why you would want to part with it is beyond me ... i almost cried when i had to give up my ZXR.