PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha TZR 250 - Gearbox Help - ChCh will pay $$$ to fix

stealth001
26th August 2006, 17:01
I started my TZR 1KT after several months on not running, the bike started great. I warmed it up and it was sounding great.
Then there was a strange clunk sound and the bike jumped forward by it self and stalled.
Then the problem happened. I thought the engine was seized, but I put the bike in neutral and pulled the clutch in and kicked started fine.
After putting in 1st and letting out the clutch the engine stalled. If you try to move the bike in gear with out the clutch engaged, the back wheel will just skid. There is no way of turning over the motor.
When you start the bike in neutral with the clutch engaged, it is fine, as soon as you let out the clutch the bike makes a sound like the motor is turning over with no compression.
Has any one got any suggestions for me?
I am willing to pay some one to fix the bike. If some one has some spare time etc.
Thanks
Deane.

Kickaha
26th August 2006, 19:07
PM Stanko, he has a love affair with all things two stroke and is familiar with these models so he may have some idea what is wrong

stanko
26th August 2006, 21:29
I started my TZR 1KT after several months on not running, the bike started great. I warmed it up and it was sounding great.
Then there was a strange clunk sound and the bike jumped forward by it self and stalled.
Then the problem happened. I thought the engine was seized, but I put the bike in neutral and pulled the clutch in and kicked started fine.
After putting in 1st and letting out the clutch the engine stalled. If you try to move the bike in gear with out the clutch engaged, the back wheel will just skid. There is no way of turning over the motor.
When you start the bike in neutral with the clutch engaged, it is fine, as soon as you let out the clutch the bike makes a sound like the motor is turning over with no compression.
Has any one got any suggestions for me?
I am willing to pay some one to fix the bike. If some one has some spare time etc.
Thanks
Deane.

Hi Deane, It sounds like your clutch plates are stuck together, you need to remove the clutch cover , pull the clutch pack to bits and reassemble. should take about an hour. Ive emailed you so if you need help mail me back