PDA

View Full Version : CBR600RR noisy idle

notme
1st September 2006, 12:18
Who else has experience with cbr600rr's ?

Mine has a noise at idle (and a wicked noise at redline!)....sounds much like cam chain/tensioner noise which apparently hondas are known for, although i though it wasn't a problem in recent years....

The noise hasn't gotten louder in the year that i've owned the bike, so i spose it's not a cause for concern until it gets worse, and I might get John at Botany honda to have a quick listen....but i suspect he will say that he needs to take it apart to really give a diagnosis so i am just wondering if anyone is going to pop up and say "ha! yes mine had that exact noise and it lasted for a bazillion years no problems!"

Actually having said that the noise hasn't gotten louder, it's one of those things where you get used to a small increase in noise, and then when someone hears it after not riding it everyday they might go "fark that noise has gotten worse!"

Deano
1st September 2006, 12:28
Is it a slight 'ticking' ??

F*ck, she's gonna blow cap'n !!

My CBR makes a little ticking noise at idle, and sometimes the gears shifts are a little clunky.

I don't notice it when I'm scratching the itch though. I queried it at the first service (1000kms) - the mechanic wrote on the service report - "engine and gearbox fine, no problem."

Sweet as - noted in case of any warranty issues later.

notme
1st September 2006, 12:36
......I would say "Slight ticking", but definitley noticable...i.e. you don;t have to strain to hear it unless you are behind the bike (and it's blocked by exhaust noise).

might try and record it.....i have a video from a while ago so i might compare it to that if i can find it

Deano
1st September 2006, 12:41
......I would say "Slight ticking", but definitley noticable...i.e. you don;t have to strain to hear it unless you are behind the bike (and it's blocked by exhaust noise).

might try and record it.....i have a video from a while ago so i might compare it to that if i can find it

Slight ticking is just like mine (without hearing it myself) - wouldn't worry too much but maybe query it if you're passing by the dealer's shop. (Don't mention my name though:shutup: )