PDA

View Full Version : Rough 1st gear change

wolverine_nz
11th September 2006, 01:24
Hi guys,

2000 - VTR1000

Is it normal to have a bit of a clunk when sitting at the lights and changing from N to 1st gear? Sometimes a bit of a clunk in to 2nd.

Was thinking the cluch might need adjusting or some work? Seems fine higher up in the gears.

Not a real problem, just concerned. :mellow:

Cheers for any info guys.

Mr. Peanut
11th September 2006, 01:47
I get a clunk sometimes ^_^

Korea
11th September 2006, 01:55
Seems to me that practically all bikes 'clunk' from N to 1st.
In fact, I am very surprised when I click into 1st from N with a barely audible 'snick' - I'm sure someone knows the reason why, but not me...

Reaper_NZ
12th September 2006, 22:40
Same reason why its hard to put some cars into 1st? If you don't like the clunk, maybe try go up a few gears then down to frist. Thats what i did with my car :P When it wouldn't go into first i would stick it in second or third then into first and it would be fine.

Or i could be completely wrong and it will be something deifferent, seeing as one is a car and one is a bike :S

But anywho, my bike does the same, and i heard i go i was behind do it aswell, his one was a nice big clunk to.

merv
13th September 2006, 08:22
Unless the clutch is dragging and it tries to move the bike forward just put it down to the joys of wet multiplate clutches - in that respect bikes are so different than cars with their single friction plate.

wolverine_nz
13th September 2006, 17:43
Thanks guys, I think I just needed to hear that others have the same thing going on. :yes: