PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung GT250 G/box prob

carver
14th September 2006, 21:22
i have developed this strange problem with my hyosung.
as i was heading into my friends driveway it felt like it went into neutural. this was whilst downshifting. now it goes into gear, but no power goes to the chain, the engine is fine, oil level is cool, its just like having the clutch stuck in, but the cable/lever opreation is cool. :bye:
pm or post me what you think it could be, it happens in all gears. :dodge:

EDIT-hey the problem was the front sprocket retaining nut had come off, and the sprocket was sitting on the threaded section, the bush had come forward and covered the splined section of the shaft, both the nut and locking washer were still in the sprocket cover!

Jsn
14th September 2006, 21:27
Yeah I occaisionally have the same problem with mine.. its just the box popping out of gear and into neutral without triggering the little green light :) Just bang it up then down and then thrash it some more till it blows :scooter:

carver
14th September 2006, 21:32
Yeah I occaisionally have the same problem with mine.. its just the box popping out of gear and into neutral without triggering the little green light :) Just bang it up then down and then thrash it some more till it blows :scooter:

nop[e, this wont go into gear, i can get it into 3rd, it clicks in, but nothing goes to the rear wheel.
the chain is sweet :sunny:

SwanTiger
14th September 2006, 21:42
Perhaps take it into a mechanical workshop and have it diagnosed and repaired? Mine is sweet after 20,000 km - has been dragged, clutch wheelied, etc. Were there any lead up signs, like it slipping out of gear?

carver
15th September 2006, 08:04
Perhaps take it into a mechanical workshop and have it diagnosed and repaired? Mine is sweet after 20,000 km - has been dragged, clutch wheelied, etc. Were there any lead up signs, like it slipping out of gear?

nope, nothing, it was fine, everything was working sweetly, when it died there were no noises, it was like i pulled the clutch in and it never came out. :nono:

WRT
15th September 2006, 08:08
Is the engine running?

:dodge:

But seriously, are there any noises when you let the clutch out? I've gotta be honest, I doubt this will be "fix it yourself" mission unless your real handy with a spanner and have a decent manual with you. Gearboxes are pretty complex things, and when I pulled the CR one apart I put one cog back in facing the wrong way which was enough to lock the gearbox and spit off some teeth.

carver
15th September 2006, 08:12
Is the engine running?

:dodge:

But seriously, are there any noises when you let the clutch out? I've gotta be honest, I doubt this will be "fix it yourself" mission unless your real handy with a spanner and have a decent manual with you. Gearboxes are pretty complex things, and when I pulled the CR one apart I put one cog back in facing the wrong way which was enough to lock the gearbox and spit off some teeth.

engine runs fine, and no, there are no noises when the clutch is let out, i have "reassembled" a cluch before, im just baffled by this.

WRT
15th September 2006, 08:15
Clutches are a peice of cake compared to the gearbox tho. Have you popped off the side cover and checked the action of the clutch? Is there any drive at all going to the rear wheels, its not just excessive clutch slip is it?

Also, you've not just changed the oil by any chance?

Motu
15th September 2006, 08:21
Is it selecting the gears? - With the engine running and hands off the clutch,run the gear lever through the gears by hand....if you can feel it selecting each gear something will be sheared in the gearbox,after the clutch,befor the final drive.If it won't take any gears then you have a selector problem.I know nothing about these bikes,but doubt it can be fixed without an engine strip.I'd pull off the clutch cover for a look first anyway.

carver
15th September 2006, 12:41
Is it selecting the gears? - With the engine running and hands off the clutch,run the gear lever through the gears by hand....if you can feel it selecting each gear something will be sheared in the gearbox,after the clutch,befor the final drive.If it won't take any gears then you have a selector problem.I know nothing about these bikes,but doubt it can be fixed without an engine strip.I'd pull off the clutch cover for a look first anyway.

yea, she goes through the gears, the oil is a month old.
sounds like big bucks anyhow.
there aint no funny noises, and it happened while downshifting.

"D" FZ1
15th September 2006, 13:09
Ya should have bought a quality Yamaha.

carver
15th September 2006, 16:06
Ya should have bought a quality Yamaha.

i did once- i got a DT off you guys a year ago, yamaha's do have great quality, but what do they have similar to the comet
oh yeah, honda are also damn good :dodge:

"D" FZ1
16th September 2006, 08:58
A FZ6 is a way better bike than any Hyosung :blip:

carver
18th September 2006, 07:23
A FZ6 is a way better bike than any Hyosung :blip:

ah, but now the hyo is fixed, after a painless 1 hour job, and the yamaha is a R6 derrived inline 4, not a V-twin!
so, hyosung fixed, G/box fine!

SwanTiger
18th September 2006, 08:06
ah, but now the hyo is fixed, after a painless 1 hour job, and the yamaha is a R6 derrived inline 4, not a V-twin!
so, hyosung fixed, G/box fine!
Awesome, so what did the cause turn out to be?

carver
18th September 2006, 08:23
Awesome, so what did the cause turn out to be?

somehow the locking plate that holds the nut that holds the sprocket on didn't do its job and let the nut come off,,the sprocket followed suit.:gob: