PDA

View Full Version : Rg-150 - Aetc

ZorsT
25th September 2006, 16:54
So my bike was have problems with (lack of) power that I would associate with powervalves.
Took it apart today, and found the two bottom screws (the ones that hold it in) were loose. - This made perfect sence, and was expected.
My friend who is training to be a mechanic came to visit while I was part way though, so i decided to take them right out to show him what they look like and do.

Lucky I did. I noticed one had been hitting the piston... 'oh shit' says I

Take them further to pieces, and noticed this is the cause.

The hole in the middle is supposed to be circular.

Not sure if this should be in the other thread or not....

Jeaves
25th September 2006, 18:07
oooo bugger :doh:

Aiolos
1st October 2006, 03:23
Nasty.
If you haven't replaced 'em already you might want to check here. (http://thetuningworks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_76&products_id=176)
I think they are cheaper than genuine ones and they should be more durable.

FruitLooPs
2nd October 2006, 20:09
Yeah that blows eh? The little crowns around the top of my pvalves were split right in two, not surprising that mine had hit the piston too.

I've got brand new factory items, but things like "These are also very wear resistant and will not elongate like the original items which causes the fixed blade of the power-valve to enter the cylinder a touch the piston resulting in costly internal engine damage." that make me kinda wish I hadn't got them. Still it needed to be done, along with the rest of my engine .. :crybaby:

Time to pull the head and see whats up? I couldn't even get my valves out if that makes you feel any better. :lol:

I'm also poor now.