PDA

View Full Version : Improving Hayabusa and ZZR1100 gear shift.

Chookah
28th September 2006, 21:09
I see elsewhere on this site the occasional comment on Busa gear shifts.

I recently fitted a “FactoryPro Star Shift” kit to mine
Link to site here (http://www.factorypro.com/)

I would recommend this to those who think the Busa shift is a bit clunky and especially those who on a lazy change from 5th and 6th occasionally get caught out. The change from 1st through neutral to second is also quite a bit sweeter.

This modification changes the feel of the gear change quite a bit and though not quite as slick as what you experience on the smaller capacity bikes like say a CBR600, it is very much like it.

As far as ZZR1100’s go I don’t actually know. I have only brought it up here because I had one up until a couple of years ago and the thing that really spoilt it was the gear change.
A modification like this might really transform it.

degrom
28th September 2006, 21:47
I see elsewhere on this site the occasional comment on Busa gear shifts.

I recently fitted a “FactryPro Star Shift” kit to mine
Link to site here (http://www.factorypro.com/)

I would recommend this to those who think the Busa shift is a bit clunky and especially those who on a lazy change from 5th and 6th occasionally get caught out. The change from 1st through neutral to second is also quite a bit sweeter.

This modification changes the feel of the gear change quite a bit and though not quite as slick as what you experience on the smaller capacity bikes like say a CBR600, it is very much like it.

As far as ZZR1100’s go I don’t actually know. I have only brought it up here because I had one up until a couple of years ago and the thing that really spoilt it was the gear change.
A modification like this might really transform it.

I see they have the product for the ZZR... What did you think of the ZZR, how does it compare to your current bike?

Chookah
28th September 2006, 22:29
I liked the ZZR a lot and still have fond memories of it (and they still look good). Part of it is because I owned it through the 90's in a time when it had a capability that you can’t get away with anymore, and that was too munch up miles with ease at high speed. It was nothing to sit on 200 up through central South Island for few hours.
The Busa is definitely faster, but it couldn’t do that mile munching work as comfortably, even with the MRA double bubble screen I have.
But, it is a better bike for the modern restricted times that we now live in.
It is better at the back roads and tighter stuff, it is more nimble, has a sweeter gear change (even in standard form), and it has torque everywhere which makes it very forgiving. They are a very easy bike to ride.