PDA

View Full Version : New head gasket!

adiddy
28th September 2006, 21:55
i neeed a new head gasket for my gpx and will need it fitted can anyone help me out or tell mne who will ( of course $$$ is involved and i have nop problem with that but am a student so hoipefully not too much $$)
anyone know how much this will cost????

What?
29th September 2006, 08:20
Pretty-well any bike shop will do the job. I have no idea what the gsaket will cost, but would guess between $100 and $200. What is going to hurt will be the labour - count on at least 12 hours.
Get on the phone and get some quotes.

Paul in NZ
29th September 2006, 08:20
i neeed a new head gasket for my gpx and will need it fitted can anyone help me out or tell mne who will ( of course $$$ is involved and i have nop problem with that but am a student so hoipefully not too much $$)
anyone know how much this will cost????

Cheaper if you do it yourself... Why do you think it's blown a gasket? Replacing the gasket is not expensive, fixing what caused it to blow may well be!!

ZeroIndex
29th September 2006, 09:04
i know this isn't the right topic, but i thought i'd share some personal feelings: I HATE MINI CHOPPERS!!! there is one going up and down the road, and I'm going to go put it out of it's misery now.. cya

adiddy
29th September 2006, 14:56
well it heats up super quick and leaks water when i stop???!!!
yerrr mite be cheaper to sell as is or trade in rite?
i know nothing about bikes so therefore it maybe a bit hard or is it not bad to learn how myself!?!?

Paul in NZ
29th September 2006, 15:11
well it heats up super quick and leaks water when i stop???!!!
yerrr mite be cheaper to sell as is or trade in rite?
i know nothing about bikes so therefore it maybe a bit hard or is it not bad to learn how myself!?!?

Get an accurate diagnosis first. Ask the closest bike shop what they think.

I've never owned a water cooled bike so I'm feck all use but if the head is cracked it could be a gonner. Whats it worth in top condition??

adiddy
29th September 2006, 15:15
around 3500?!
wanna try get something for it so i can upgtrade to a bigger bike ya know

steved
29th September 2006, 15:32
If the head-gasket is fecked, the oil may be milky with water.

The other replies are right. The part is cheap but the labour is expensive. You probably have to drop the engine out which takes time. If you have time and space and don't mind your bike being in bits for a week or two, have a go with a good work-shop manual.

How much would you be able to get for a bike with a poked engine? Not much I would have thought.

adiddy
29th September 2006, 15:56
yer just what i thought!
i dont mind it being in bits for a while to be honest but never thought of diy as im not too say in the know about this - cant be too hard can it?

adiddy
29th September 2006, 15:58
is there any kbers who would be able to help out with this? as in with the labour? even if it is just showing me how to???( obviously payment will be organised!)