PDA

View Full Version : Removing the flywheel

jahrasti
7th October 2006, 13:12
HELP!! I am thrying to remove my flywheel from my zxr400 but am having a prick of a time. Would anyone have the correct tool to remove it or possibly be able to help in the hamilton area. HELP PLEASE:crybaby:

FROSTY
8th October 2006, 07:00
mate--a bit of heat from a blowtorch--we are talking a BIT -helps heat up the flywheel so it starts to move off the taper.
You need the flywheel puller that screws into the center of the flywheel.
As an alternative to that-- a bolt with the same thread as the internal one on the flywheel will do the job -hold the back brake on and just spin it down the thread--when it touches the end of the crank itll start to pull the flywheel off
I have a funny feeling ya might be able to use the rear axle but dont quote me
ohh and -when putting it all back together--clean up the crank end and slap tiny bit of copper kote on it to stop it happening again

cowpoos
8th October 2006, 09:47
two big screw drivers and a hammer.....and don't be shy....

Ps:if it breaks....it probally needed replacing anyway!!!! ;)

WINJA
8th October 2006, 10:08
HELP!! I am thrying to remove my flywheel from my zxr400 but am having a prick of a time. Would anyone have the correct tool to remove it or possibly be able to help in the hamilton area. HELP PLEASE:crybaby:

MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP , I MADE A THREADED PULLER FOR MY ZX9 , BOTH BEING KAWASAKI YA NEVER KNOW YOUR LUCK , IM CLOSEISH COME AND BORROW IT, POST A PIC OF YOUR FLYWHEEL

jahrasti
8th October 2006, 12:50
two big screw drivers and a hammer.....and don't be shy....

Ps:if it breaks....it probally needed replacing anyway!!!! ;)

Yea I tried beating the shit out of it but I either need to go to the gym, or get some balls!

jahrasti
8th October 2006, 12:50
MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP , I MADE A THREADED PULLER FOR MY ZX9 , BOTH BEING KAWASAKI YA NEVER KNOW YOUR LUCK , IM CLOSEISH COME AND BORROW IT, POST A PIC OF YOUR FLYWHEEL

cool I'll take a photo

WINJA
8th October 2006, 13:09
cool I'll take a photo

PM ME YOUR CELL AND ILL TEXT YOU THE ADRESS , OR IF YOU GOT A UTE BRING IT HERE , THE PULLER WORKS WELL WITH MY RATTLE GUN

Aiolos
12th October 2006, 21:45
PM ME YOUR CELL AND ILL TEXT YOU THE ADRESS , OR IF YOU GOT A UTE BRING IT HERE , THE PULLER WORKS WELL WITH MY RATTLE GUN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcher_plant