PDA

View Full Version : When an rgv goes wrong!

johnnyboy0212
15th October 2006, 08:20
went for a quite ride the other night on me trusty "89 rgv250.was all running well for about ten min when it seemed to cug. just the once. no biggee i thought and carried on to the petrol station. filled up and took off. then at eighty km's she cugged again and dropped a cylinder. got her home and checked the compressions. one was down so i took the head off the find the top ring had opened up in the intake port and scord the barral. now id liked to know if these a differents between the two barrals?. the one that let go was the barral that sits up in the frame. (quite the bitch to get out) not the one thats by the frount wheel. now if any one could tell me this info id be happy ehh. its a vj21a you know the one with the pipes on both sides. it would really make my day if someone said (yeah i got one of them,you want it?). so if anyony can help me in anyway id love to hear from ya. pm me if you like too....thanks and all the best guys...

Squiggles
17th October 2006, 15:18
www.rgv250.co.uk

was reading through it a few days ago, about the piston rings and stuff, there shouldnt be a difference in the barrels i'd say, but i did read that there was a problem if someone replaced the piston and rings with the rg125fun ones on a couple of model, resulting in the ring hitting one of the ports and messing it up

there are a few guys selling parts on trademe at the moment, so you could probably get a good one off one of them for cheap

johnnyboy0212
17th October 2006, 20:42
ive been hunting trademe since it happened ehh. i dont think theses any differents in barrels but id thought id throw the question out to everyone.maybe someone may know for sure.but thanks squiggles for the reply,i need all the help i can get at the mo.all the best with your 250 aswell.
ps..... it might pay to change your rings too, i wish now someone told me that ehh...all the best.