PDA

View Full Version : Honda cbr250r mc19 overheating

Static
5th November 2006, 16:24
so i took my bike out for a ride today and open road (60kph+) it was fine but when i got back into town i noticed it was over heating very easily so i got home and took the side ferring off and everything seems fine the only thing i noticed is that the radiator fan isent on at idle or when i rev it is this normal and if not what could be causing the overheating

MattRSK
5th November 2006, 16:30
hmm i have never had that problem. But I have changed my coolant myself. Used a mix of water wetter and normal water!

98tls
5th November 2006, 16:34
was thinking thermostat but maybe not...if it wasnt opening then not even the fan would help......try flushing out the system and go from there.

Static
5th November 2006, 16:36
:confused: how do i check or flush coolant system

MattRSK
5th November 2006, 16:37
fuel tank has got to come off to get to the top of the radiator!

Static
5th November 2006, 16:41
:gob: hmm yet again how tdo i take fuel tank off

MattRSK
5th November 2006, 16:45
should be two bolts up front, and one underneath your seat. Just be careful make sure the fuel tap is off. Even then this doesnt stop a small leak. so you may want a rag to chuck under untill you can block it properly!

Mr. Peanut
5th November 2006, 17:00
so i took my bike out for a ride today and open road (60kph+) it was fine but when i got back into town i noticed it was over heating very easily so i got home and took the side ferring off and everything seems fine the only thing i noticed is that the radiator fan isent on at idle or when i rev it is this normal and if not what could be causing the overheating

What do you mean overheating? Did your guage hit the red?

Static
6th November 2006, 15:55
What do you mean overheating? Did your guage hit the red?

yea several times but everytime it did i made a point of speeding up nd that seemed to help till i could pull over

Mr. Peanut
6th November 2006, 16:01
I would suggest getting someone in the know to help you out. It's simple enough.

Static
6th November 2006, 16:33
yea but i cant afford to take it to a shop im prety poor atm as i found out last thursday that the rego was dud on friday