PDA

View Full Version : Losing revs

Nivosus
6th November 2006, 10:28
hey,i own a zxr 250r 92 and shes started to lose revs

as soon as i hit the 16k mark it will just not go past(redline is about 18.5k off the top of my head)

any ideas;o? ill probally take it in to a shop to get someone to test ride it but yeh....

fueling issue? i donno

any ideas would be great

ty:dodge:

mops
9th November 2006, 15:20
how many k's on the cloikc does it have ?

well it's either or a combination:

1. not enough fuel
2. not enough spark timing
3. compression is no longer there.

Nivosus
13th November 2006, 19:46
41500 ( give or take 100)

Mental Trousers
13th November 2006, 20:45
Clean/replace the air filter
New set of plugs

They're the easy things. Gets harder after that.

mops
14th November 2006, 13:06
no need to replace. just inspect.... unless you dont know what you are looking for then yes, replacing is the best way....

otherwise there might be something stuck in the crab(s). i;d take them apart and clean them up....

can you tell does it run electronic ignition ? as in electronically controlled or standard sort of dizzy with vacuum advance or something ? possibly there is timing adjustment, and it is all the way retarded or something....

cant really tell much more without inspecting it...

bungbung
14th November 2006, 14:02
unless you dont know what you are looking ...there might be something stuck in the crab(s)...cant really tell much more without inspecting it...

Good point,

Make sure and check the condition of the crabs

Grantasaurus
24th November 2006, 17:10
I'm having a similar problem on my recently purchased GPX RII. Revs ok til 8000 then goes all shitty on me and really doesn't want to go any higher.
I've only got it today and it was all good on the first half of the ride I took it on, then went shitty on me :/
I'm thinking it's something in the carbs but I could be wrong. Just doesn't seem like it's getting fueled properly/ not atomising the mixture enough.
Any ideas?.. I'm gonna try changing spark plugs and cleaning the airfilter tomorrow, if that fails it's into Motorcycle Surgery in College Hill.

mops
24th November 2006, 20:05
dude, just chill out...
try doing few cheap things yourself...
1. inspect the pulgs
2. buy a carb cleaner and use it :)

depending on your mechanicl skills.. take the cards out, open them up, check float bowls, clean inside, clean jets, make sure it's getting fuel to carbs...

inspect coils for signis of arcing...

report back here :)