PDA

View Full Version : Q8 Oils.....

Crasherfromwayback
7th November 2006, 09:44
Hey people....

Has anyone that uses 'Q8' oils had trouble with the retracting nozzle tearing on the bottle? This may sound like a lame and trivial question....but the results of one down here doing it were quite major! Two engines dead with water contamination of the two stroke oil. The bottles have let water into them where the nozzle was torn.....

Cheers,
:scooter:

Motu
7th November 2006, 11:25
A picture of said container please....And how do you get water contamination of an oil container without noticing?

Crasherfromwayback
7th November 2006, 11:44
A picture of said container please....And how do you get water contamination of an oil container without noticing?

I'll post one asap Motu....and valid quetion....I for one wouldn't, but we have two young female customers (twins that flat together and share the oil for use in their SJ50's)....that have poured the contaminated oil into their scooters with rather nasty results. I think the oil has been stored in a porch where the rain has come in.

Motu
7th November 2006, 12:52
I think the oil has been stored in a porch where the rain has come in.

Ah,I see....and at a certain point the water will slip out underneath the oil without being seen.

BillyZanatose
29th June 2007, 20:14
Hi I use the Q8Oils SBK Racing 10W-50 and have not had any problems witf the nozzle on the 4 litre bottles.

But find it hard to believe that much water would get into it from a tear unless the bottle was submerged into to water.

Very very strange. Did you contact Q8Oils in the UK and tell them?

I once had a problem where I needed some technical help but the 1800 Q8Oils number did not have a proper help line so I emailed the UK their numbers are on the back of the oil bottle. That is where the product comes from and the Poms are really good and have good technical knowledge their email is techdesk@q8oils.com

Maybe you send them an email.

If their product is good enough for the Airwaves Ducati in the BSB then its good for my Duc:):Punk: