PDA

View Full Version : New engine wanted

hurricane_r
15th November 2006, 18:00
lol i lent my CBR250R MC19 to R6_Kid for ONE day and now i need new engine,,
hehe,, one of the spark covers cracked and voltage was earthing to head i.e missing, so he fixed that but then re-filled radiator and bleeded it from canister under seat not radiator cap under tank, so he went riding and it dumped all coolant/water and overheated and poped the head gasket,, lol

9 months No problems,, one day lend to someone ...wat a shame eh
cheers gareth lol, ur wat puts the meaning to DONT LEND SHIT OUT!

got the engine out, just waiting on replacement im guna fit in week or so
then bike is for sale,

no beef gareth, just take better care of other peoples shit, and shame on me for lending my baby out

-df-
15th November 2006, 18:04
bugger dude, at least you can fix it up yourself by the looks of things.

TygerTung
15th November 2006, 18:04
Cannot you just replace the head gasket on it?

Shaun
15th November 2006, 19:04
lol i lent my CBR250R MC19 to R6_Kid for ONE day and now i need new engine,,
hehe,, one of the spark covers cracked and voltage was earthing to head i.e missing, so he fixed that but then re-filled radiator and bleeded it from canister under seat not radiator cap under tank, so he went riding and it dumped all coolant/water and overheated and poped the head gasket,, lol

9 months No problems,, one day lend to someone ...wat a shame eh
cheers gareth lol, ur wat puts the meaning to DONT LEND SHIT OUT!

got the engine out, just waiting on replacement im guna fit in week or so
then bike is for sale,

no beef gareth, just take better care of other peoples shit, and shame on me for lending my baby out

If you have no beef him why get on here and announce what a fool he must be then to have done this?

awesker
15th November 2006, 19:51
Haha! I reckon thats pretty funny, I mean I knew gareth hated honda but not that much! :rofl:

Its not like he did it on purpose bro, and Im sure he'll help out in any way he can to fix it up.. its nearly 20 years old.. so somethings gotta give.

bad luck anyway mate, how much is a new engine gonna cost? you should stick a RR engine in! get a couple grand more to redline!

Cibby
15th November 2006, 20:02
oh dear... was it really his fault?

Why did ya lend it to him anyways and is he gonna let you borrow the R6?

These things do happen mate,

I blew up my boyfriends beloved turbo vehicle less than a month after we started going out, cost him $5,000 to fix and he is STILL with me.

Maybe if you ask gareth for a blowie you can call it even... ;)

Brett
15th November 2006, 21:20
Bugger, these things happen though, bike is 20 years old and something was going to be the end of it! I know it is a bit harsh, but that is why i dont lend my toys out, and if i do, then i either make the person know that if the break it they have to fix it, or just resign myself to the fact that i may never see it again.

I hope that you get it sorted bro.

hurricane_r
15th November 2006, 21:20
LOL!, yea its old but not old enough to fuckout in one day , i did tell him to give it shit cause it had been sitting for a while, ,,,,oh well il sell it then.. HELLO RS250 :D

Titanium
15th November 2006, 21:24
Money
Your ride
Your chick (or guy) depends I guess .......

Brett
15th November 2006, 21:29
LOL!, yea its old but not old enough to fuckout in one day , i did tell him to give it shit cause it had been sitting for a while, ,,,,oh well il sell it then.. HELLO RS250 :D

People may think i am anal for not being keen to lend either my bikes or my cage out, but i never want to be put in the position with a good mate where they stack or damage it. There are a few mates i let loose, however we have an unspoken rule amongst us. RS250 are nice, but hard work to ride fast from what I hear.

hurricane_r
15th November 2006, 21:51
well, good things take time,
gareth is a good dude, and i consider him a genuine mate, so its no problem cause hes sorting it out, not leaving the problem with me so i respect him for that, which i aprreciate,

awesker
15th November 2006, 22:05
ahha! RS250..

you find it a pain in the ass when your 4stroke blows a head gasket? and your upgrading the a 2stroke?

ah well.. least itll be fucking good fun!

hurricane_r
15th November 2006, 22:42
well its worth the maintence, and its not a pain if i do it, plus il get a nice new one, and keep up with servicing and treat it correcty

Satch
15th November 2006, 22:52
yeah hard luck dude, i had to pick the bike up that night it shat its pants!

i offered to help him put a head gasket in it for you as i know its not hard to do but he said you wanted to sort it out which is cool

for what its worth he was shitting his pants about it aye, he was really gutted at breaking it! tho it doesnt surprise me after being behind him on that ride!

good your being such a mate about it

haha i even lent him my 250RR to get home on while you bike was at mine! he had express instruction not to "fuk it up" tho

good luck with it dude, and if you need any help with it give us a hollar

Kane

hurricane_r
15th November 2006, 22:55
HAHA, yea na hes a sweet guy and has stuck by me when KBERS thought i was a emo-posing fag,
i want new engine cause i like the bike as it has taught me well, and its reliable in genral, and nz new, i want next buyer to have a good engine as the other one was tired, iv ripped ppl off with cars but this i think someone should get a good deal,

Wenier
15th November 2006, 22:57
Maybe if you ask gareth for a blowie you can call it even... ;)

Must of been a good blowie for ya boyfriend to make up for 5K or are ya still paying him off? :laugh:

Mr Skid
15th November 2006, 23:08
KBERS thought i was a emo-posing fag,What do you think gave that impression?

hurricane_r
15th November 2006, 23:24
EMO POSING FAG, thats wat i was called and i got quite offended at the time,, , make up for 5k? um... ............. yea,,,,,
plus im putting in cash for engine as well cause its a bit pricy,

hurricane_r
15th November 2006, 23:24
anyway its late, i can see insults building up ,,,,,, good nite

Sketchy_Racer
16th November 2006, 07:59
$109 for a head gasket

2 hours labour.

Job done.

Just don't fuck your valve guide seals!! They cost lots of $$$$

Sniper
16th November 2006, 12:23
Maybe you shouldnt shit on folks who give you a hand to fix things.

PT

Fishy
16th November 2006, 12:26
Murphy's Law strikes again.

ManDownUnder
16th November 2006, 12:28
Murphy's Law strikes again.

A truer word rarely spoken. Mate if he'd meant to do it it'd be in a lot worse condition...

hurricane_r
16th November 2006, 15:55
Maybe you shouldnt shit on folks who give you a hand to fix things.

WTF are u on about, maybe u should read the original post before u place aqusations *spelling*

Shaun
16th November 2006, 21:18
WTF are u on about, maybe u should read the original post before u place aqusations *spelling*

Read it your self fool

justsomeguy
16th November 2006, 21:27
PM Duckaddict he has exactly what you want.

Mr Skid
16th November 2006, 23:23
PM Duckaddict he has exactly what you want.A dictionary?

hurricane_r
16th November 2006, 23:26
wow theres some kool ppl here, but when u meet them in person there usaly pretty sweet, cant even fucking post a simple topic with every fucking fabio bike fag trying to act kool, tough guys eh

hurricane_r
16th November 2006, 23:27
yea il pm duckaddict

imdying
17th November 2006, 13:28
wow theres some kool ppl here, but when u meet them in person there usaly pretty sweet, cant even fucking post a simple topic with every fucking fabio bike fag trying to act kool, tough guys ehWell to be fair, your original post makes you sound like a dick who needs to get over it. If you've 'no beef' with Gareth, why did you bother with most of the content of that post? If he's a mate, why make him out to look like such a cock? There doesn't really seem to be much point emasculating someone who's apparently a mate, so no wonder people are thinking that you're coming across as a dick.

I'm not saying you're a dick, just trying to give you a little perspective on why others may have drawn that conclusion... your actions just seem to be a little at odds with what you're saying. :scratch:

EZAS
17th November 2006, 19:49
I have lent my shit out to everyone and almost anyone (both my old cage and my bikes).

The one time I told a mate he WASN'T allowed on my bike, he sat on it anyways started it up and dropped it right in front of me.
Shit happens, if your still going to be mates then a bond of friendship outweighs has no monetary value.

I had a good friend offer me his bike to ride while mine was out of action, but I declined to use it, because should I have an accident, I don't think he would have been as forgiving and it would have been a good friendship lost.

Have fun, be loose and try and don't end up a no-mate.

hurricane_r
17th November 2006, 22:59
yea i wasnt trying to be a dick, only posting progress about my engine conversion and telling people wat happened, then ppl get personal saying im a dick/ gareths a dick / were both dicks etc, well , maybe ppl should stop being so negative, and just say, well hope it turns out sweet or something other than , ur a dick being a dick BLAH BLAH,most of you guys are dick-heads as far as im consernd, other than the ppl that said well sweet good luck etc, meh this forum sucks, i thought were all brothers of the road here?, other than enimies, trying to pick out stuff to -back-lash on... lol fuck it, had enough, , jdm-forums ppl just give advice and be down to earth,. ppl here act like fucking try-hards other than sertain few that i have met in real life that say u guys are dickheads to, maybe u should grow - up,. a mate fucked my bike and is taking responsiblite for his actions, which i respect
no need for shit-talk?, kiwi - biker forums has been a fucking nightmare for me cause of u try-hard cunts with 2k+ posts that think ur GODS? and can say watever u want.

imdying
18th November 2006, 10:09
So that aside, how are you getting on with your engine?

hurricane_r
18th November 2006, 10:13
well vtec actualy has a MC22 engine and carbs, for cheapers so iwe might go with that,, nice little conversion also :P

crashe
18th November 2006, 10:31
hurricane_r - Hey all the best in getting your engine all sorted out... and back on the road again.

No one was to know when it was gonna blow up... just was a bit of bad luck that Gareth was riding it.... as it could have happened when you were on it.
Shite happens when we least expect it.

But Gareth is doing good by you.... and he is a really good dude...:yes:

Dont worry what others say if they are being negative..... remember this is only on the internet.

You have made some good friends from this site so stick around.....

ManDownUnder
18th November 2006, 10:51
yea i wasnt trying to be a dick, only posting progress about my engine conversion and telling people wat happened, then ppl get personal saying im a dick/ gareths a dick / were both dicks etc, well , maybe ppl should stop being so negative, and just say, well hope it turns out sweet or something other than , ur a dick being a dick BLAH BLAH,most of you guys are dick-heads as far as im consernd, other than the ppl that said well sweet good luck etc, meh this forum sucks, i thought were all brothers of the road here?, other than enimies, trying to pick out stuff to -back-lash on... lol fuck it, had enough, , jdm-forums ppl just give advice and be down to earth,. ppl here act like fucking try-hards other than sertain few that i have met in real life that say u guys are dickheads to, maybe u should grow - up,. a mate fucked my bike and is taking responsiblite for his actions, which i respect
no need for shit-talk?, kiwi - biker forums has been a fucking nightmare for me cause of u try-hard cunts with 2k+ posts that think ur GODS? and can say watever u want.

Sounds like you have it sorted. There are a lot of people in here that will interpret your first post from their own point of view. If they didn't take it like you meant it, then it's no big deal.

Sounds like you and Gareth have no beef, and anyone else posting in here needs to respect that as you rightly point out.

It helps to correct the facts with facts though, not across the board questions on KBers parentage. I agree there's a lot of potential for a certain number to grow up...

hurricane_r
18th November 2006, 11:13
yeh, thats quite right

imdying
18th November 2006, 12:13
I think there's a forum that's totally dedicated to the CBR250 range... they might be able to warn you of anything of those little bastard things that get in the way of engine conversions :yes: Pretty sure they were essentially the same motor on the outside, should be a good conversion :yes:

hurricane_r
18th November 2006, 15:55
ok thnx m8

R6_kid
18th November 2006, 19:40
it's all sorted. He's been pretty sweet about the whole thing, probably because i've been straight up and as quick as possible to get things fixed. It was a stupid mistake which i made without thinking properly (lesson learnt), but I am now all the wiser.

Lesson: Always double check everything and make sure its done right, dont just assume that because the overlflow has water coming out of it that the radiator is full!

Also, cheers to those who stood up for me, or just said that in general this post was kind of stupid, i'm sure he's learnt his lesson now too so give the dude a break!

hurricane_r
19th November 2006, 22:17
you da man homie, respect*

Mr. Peanut
20th November 2006, 01:40

You said Dick 8 times and Cunt once. Take from that what you will... :devil2:

imdying
20th November 2006, 18:54
You said Dick 8 times and Cunt once. Take from that what you will... :devil2:The man likes a good gang bang?