PDA

View Full Version : Oil spots

mikey62
11th December 2006, 07:11
Ok, got my apron on now. Got a bit carried away when oiling the chain and been left with oil on the driveway. What do you use to remove yours ? Hot soapy water just doesn't do it. I've got some chlorine granules and PH modifier (fancy baking soda stuff I think) for the spa pool. Bleach maybe ? Suggestions pls. Thanks

frogfeaturesFZR
11th December 2006, 07:27
Engine degreaser for a quick fix, garden lime for a slower one.

degrom
11th December 2006, 07:42
Yes... Take a bit of dry sand and cover the spot with it. After a few days most of the oil will have sticked to the sand... Danger passed.

hellnback
11th December 2006, 08:48
I just use a bit of Brake Cleaner - comes in a spray can, spray it on wipe it off, works a treat.

mikey62
11th December 2006, 12:01
I just use a bit of Brake Cleaner - comes in a spray can, spray it on wipe it off, works a treat.

mmmmm I've got some of that. Will give it a try.

Cajun
11th December 2006, 12:16
And for next time put something down,

I have a few old bits of carpet i put down in garage when gonna clean something and make a bit of a mess

DingDong
11th December 2006, 12:56
Personally I dont care about a little oil on the drive, but because I know concrete quite well, use an acid wash... PM Idrumm he's a concrete scientist (haha) and he can tell you where to get it.

Shadows
11th December 2006, 23:50
I'm not so messy with the bike, but every time I give my cage an oil change some old oil ends up on the driveway. I just apply heaps of dishwashing detergent and give it a good scrub with a stiff yard broom, spray a very small amount of water on it, give it another damn good scrub until the foam goes a shitty brown colour, and hose it away. Worked for me just yesterday.