PDA

View Full Version : Who knows aprilia rs250's ?

jade
16th December 2006, 15:46
Ok a couple things, after going full throttle in top gear a few times now, the same thing has happened on a few occasions, On both my aprilia rs250's 95- and 2000, after being maxed out in top gear for a while, there is always a grease on the right hand side of the rear wheel about an inch wide, perfect line, Its either leaking oil or water, im not sure which - but I think water with antifreeze in it..
What causes this - I think it probably comes from one of the overflows located in front of the rear wheel
Do I just need a catch bottle ?

The other thing is everywhere I go, both my rs250's shit themselves, I mean everytime I go for a ride, when I get to my destination and the bike is turned off, It will shit itself, I mean - it will drop a few drips of a brown oily gunk, thicker than a liquid - there are thousands of oilstains in my garage!
Each head of each cylinder has a waste hose coming out and this is where it appears to come from, again do I just need a catch bottle?

DUBDUB
17th December 2006, 22:16
Chain oil maybe? I get it all over my fairing on my gsxr when I ring it out. Just a thought...

marty
18th December 2006, 06:48
rh side. chain's on the left. it'll be the overflow - bottle it. the oil drips are probably from the heat generated from giving it stick, melting chain spooge and other bits of random oil. clean the thing up. or just carry a rag. think yourself lucky you don't ride a norton

jade
18th December 2006, 18:09
Yea I reckon its the overflow - a v can will sort that, - btw the bike is as clean as can be