PDA

View Full Version : LHS case cover GSX600F or welder?

cowboyz
30th December 2006, 10:44
Checking over the bike and I found this crack in the left hand side case cover. Pressing on it promoted a heap of oil spilling out of it. Not sure how long it has been there for but looks a while. I employed AFC motorcycles to repair a oil leak a month or so back and they didn;t notice it then but put new seals in the gear change. Pic attched.

So anyone wrecking one of these want to sell me a replacement or if you have the ability and inclination to weld my currrent one I would be a happy chappy.

k14
30th December 2006, 12:07
Just take it off and get it welded. Shouldn't cost too much. Just go to the local welder and see if he'll do it for cash.

Bonez
30th December 2006, 14:47
Popped around to have a look. Looks like someones patched the cover up with bog or that ali cement then painted over it. A clean up around the edge and good ol areldite should get it over the new years break.

cowboyz
30th December 2006, 16:15
done that. wait for it to set to see if it works... praying.....

Fatjim
30th December 2006, 17:57
Pissing on the join BEFORE you apply the araldite gives a much stronger bond. Ah well, too late know.

cowboyz
30th December 2006, 18:58
Pissing on the join BEFORE you apply the araldite gives a much stronger bond. Ah well, too late know.

Not sure if I want to know HOW you know this?

Bonez
30th December 2006, 19:51
Hope you used your hair dryer?:dodge:

Meanie
30th December 2006, 20:08
thats ok i pissed on it last week when he wasnt lookin :gob: he he he
I told him to buy a meanie

cowboyz
30th December 2006, 21:03
i was going to buy a meanstreak.. In fact I test rode one last week. Did 14km on it but unfortunately the shop was closed by the time I got back. I was going to bring it home but it was quicker to walk.

Meanie
30th December 2006, 21:10
i was going to buy a meanstreak.. In fact I test rode one last week. Did 14km on it but unfortunately the shop was closed by the time I got back. I was going to bring it home but it was quicker to walk.
Couldnt find the kickstart eh and was too embarrased to ask :laugh: i saw you pushin it Just for next time they have a button on the right handlebar called an electric start:yes:

Bonez
3rd January 2007, 11:27
Just for the record the araldite did the trick.

cowboyz
3rd January 2007, 21:39
yes it did. although I will repair it properly once th eshops open again.