PDA

View Full Version : Honda Superfour

Duffy
19th January 2007, 20:08
Haven't used the bike in about a week, went to get on it the other night and the bike wouldn't shift out of nuetral into first. I can get it into second and third but not any higher either.
Any idea's what the problem could be? Thanks

98tls
19th January 2007, 20:14
Haven't used the bike in about a week, went to get on it the other night and the bike wouldn't shift out of nuetral into first. I can get it into second and third but not any higher either.
Any idea's what the problem could be? Thanks Strange..........is cable working ok..........Any difference between trying to get it into gear cold and letting it warm up first then trying to shift into gear.....?

merv
19th January 2007, 20:21
Sounds like your selectors aren't working right. Have you dropped the bike and bent the gear lever and perhaps the internals at any stage?

What's a 95 Superfour anyway?

98tls
19th January 2007, 20:26
What's a 95 Superfour anyway? Ahhh........Good question Merv...........

Duffy
19th January 2007, 20:37
A superfour is very much like a bandit, it was also the biggest bike the insurance company would let me get as my first bike.

Duffy
19th January 2007, 20:40
Bike got knocked over about a month ago, would it be possible that the problem would only be arising now?

98tls
19th January 2007, 20:46
Wouldnt have thought so........is lever bent at all.............

Duffy
19th January 2007, 21:03
No lever is not bent and there doesn't seem to be any visable external problem.

98tls
19th January 2007, 21:14
Not familar with the clutch on one of these things but if it were mine i would start with operation of lever/cable........next make sure its not slipping on spline.........after that take off cover and check plates etc..........the clutch is really quite simple.........to just suddenly not work would suggest its not plates/steels.

merv
19th January 2007, 21:16
OK you're talking about what we know as a CB1000 Big One aren't you? There weren't an awful lot imported into NZ so not sure if anyone with experience with one is going to comment, but OK its been knocked over and was that to the left side on the gear lever because as I said above you may well have a bent selector as I can't imagine any other reason why you'd have a problem?

Try running the motor for a while and get the oil nice and warm. Has it got a centre stand? If so try changing it up and down the gears with the warm engine running with the bike on the stand. Does that help "free" it up? (I doubt its a clutch problem (like 98tls is talking about) because you should be able to snick it through without using the clutch anyway.)

If not and it is a bent selector the bad news is you can't help it without pulling engine cases apart to get at it.

98tls
19th January 2007, 21:34
Agreed Merv..........hoping he gets it warmed up and all is good............