PDA

View Full Version : 91 fzr 250 help needed

jdm-rmx-250
22nd January 2007, 08:22
Hi

Posting on behalf, Help needed in taking apart a fzr engine to find out what is going on as when it was last used it developed a knocking sound then lost power.

Engine was turning over until recently now it is seized engine is out of bike and partially stripped to the point where the cam chain needs removing and were not confident in doing this.

So if there is anyone out there who is confident in helping a newbie biker out as money is a bit tight at the moment and would rather pay someone here for there troubles.

Ohh and location is auckland and he is willing to travell within auckland.

Thanks in advance and any help is greatly appreciated, Someone help him get on the road so he can get out on a ride with me.

FilthyLuka
22nd January 2007, 09:58
i might be able to come take a look later on this week one evening depending on WHERE in auckland... ill even bring tools :p

where is this dude? if hes out west or round the city i should be able to come by.

jdm-rmx-250
22nd January 2007, 10:04
Hey

Well im out west myself glendene ways he is in howick, could allways get him to bring it to my place for you to have a look if thats any good.

He is really keen to get this sorted as he has just got his learners and is really wanting to get out on the road. So yeah will have a chat with him and if thats all good with you i could get it to my place for you to have a look at the lump.

FilthyLuka
22nd January 2007, 10:27
is it just the engine? i have an idea as to what the knocking might be. cam shaft self-crappage is always a big contender, but if you take the engine (or bike) to your place, ill come by and have a look. Im in glendene too, just of kirby street, i could probably walk to your place :p lol

PM with detail mmkay

denden

jdm-rmx-250
23rd January 2007, 07:58
Hi

Have done a bit more and have found that the con rod is siezed to the crank and there is also pieces of one pison missing. The engine is about ready to have the flywheel removed and the bottom end seperated any ides where we could get this done for a reasonable price.

FilthyLuka
23rd January 2007, 09:54
Hi

Have done a bit more and have found that the con rod is siezed to the crank and there is also pieces of one pison missing.

:shit:

hmm... holes melted in piston... knocking noise... why does my brain all of a sudden think about a pink monkey. Ask the dude if he, or any of the owners have done something stupid with the ignition timing...

jdm-rmx-250
23rd January 2007, 10:38
Theres no melting of the piston just a few pieces broken off im thinking i piece of the piston has blocked an oil line down at the crank causing los of oil making the shim bearing sieze to the crank. Could be completely wrong but we just really need to get the engine split so we can see whats going on the head and barells are removed thats as far as we a confindenly able to go.

FilthyLuka
23rd January 2007, 13:26
psh... confidence... grab a manual for the bike. It should be able to tell you how to do a step by step take down and rebuild. As for the cracked piston, i dont really know... what do the valves on that cylinder look like? perhaps a valve bashed into the piston and cracked it, but i'd have though the valve would break before the piston would... sorry i cant be of more help...