PDA

View Full Version : Prince William sacks minder for comments over ‘Sloppy bike skills’

Bob
3rd August 2004, 00:26
A highly-trained police officer acting as Prince Williams's motorbike minder has reportedly been diverted to other duties - after criticising the heir-to-the-throne's riding skills.

William was apparently left fuming when the cop shadowing him gave him a verbal telling off after following him on his Daytona 600 to his Highgrove home in Gloucestershire, England.

According to an observer, the Minder had quite a lot to say about the Heir to the Throne’s abilities "He didn't mince his words at all - too fast, too sloppy, too little attention to other road users. It was plain-speaking, direct advice and clearly, the prince didn't welcome the criticism."

moko
3rd August 2004, 06:17
And cant you just imagine the media hysterics when his Royal Up-His-Own Arseness eventually bins his bike,"Harry in 200 m.p.h. Death Machine Accident".It`ll all be the bike`s fault and wankers like Jeremy Clarkson(N.Z. KB`ers are hopefully spared that cretin)will be spewing their "words of wisdom" on why bikes are lethal,too fast and the tool of the Anti-Christ.Maybe he should find himself a safer form or transport............chauffeur-driven Mercedes perhaps?

georgedubyabush
3rd August 2004, 06:43
And cant you just imagine the media hysterics when his Royal Up-His-Own Arseness eventually bins his bike,"Harry in 200 m.p.h. Death Machine Accident".It`ll all be the bike`s fault and wankers like Jeremy Clarkson(N.Z. KB`ers are hopefully spared that cretin)will be spewing their "words of wisdom" on why bikes are lethal,too fast and the tool of the Anti-Christ.Maybe he should find himself a safer form or transport............chauffeur-driven Mercedes perhaps?

That's quite funny. Watched top gear once where Jeremy LOVED some little dutch two seater car that hydrolically leaned like a bike in corners.

pete376403
3rd August 2004, 12:49
Yes, we get "Top Gear" over here.

Milky
3rd August 2004, 14:47
That's quite funny. Watched top gear once where Jeremy LOVED some little dutch two seater car that hydrolically leaned like a bike in corners.
I saw that one too.. quite interesting but amazingly expensive... didnt they say about $80k???

Coldkiwi
3rd August 2004, 18:09
traffic cop is probably only too happy to be clear of him by the sounds of things! If its got to the stage where a stern lecture is required, you're probably dealing with a below average student.

I saw a rather funny review of bike vs car in a Superbike magazine once where they got clarkson along to 'put up or shut up'. They found a very tricked up WRX, a poxy GS500 and a GSXR 1000 and tested them for acceleration, braking and cornering.
The WRX got punished by both the GS and GSXR in a straight line. Got roundly beaten in tighter turnign circles by the GSXR (GS not tested) and it was only in going slow (aka braking) that the WRX was better. Rather entertaining :)

moko
3rd August 2004, 18:55
You probably know Steve Berry as well then,the tosser with the annoying accent (Doo-Cat-Eh,Hurli Dervidsun)did the occaissional bike bits on Top Gear.Well Clarkson writes a column in one of Murdoch`s seedy little rags and once he told of how Berry had finally persuaded him onto the back of a bike.Big bad Jezza shat himself and ranted on about how nothing should go that fast,killer acceleration,should be banned e.t.c.,yep same clown who does all the boy-racer stuff in "fast" cars every week.

Coldkiwi
5th August 2004, 18:07
mmm.. I'll have what he's smoking!

Ghost Lemur
5th August 2004, 18:44
You probably know Steve Berry as well then,the tosser with the annoying accent (Doo-Cat-Eh,Hurli Dervidsun)did the occaissional bike bits on Top Gear.Well Clarkson writes a column in one of Murdoch`s seedy little rags and once he told of how Berry had finally persuaded him onto the back of a bike.Big bad Jezza shat himself and ranted on about how nothing should go that fast,killer acceleration,should be banned e.t.c.,yep same clown who does all the boy-racer stuff in "fast" cars every week.

Sounds like the poor bastard has some two wheel envy. Must kill him, all the while he's looking for the perfect car (mindblowing acceleration, sweet handling, make you feel alive everytime you sit on it - even when it's stationary -, impress the hell out of beautiful girls enough to make them want to go for a ride), it exists with two wheels. And the poor little momma's boy can't find a four wheeled version. :killingme

FROSTY
5th August 2004, 23:31
As I recall it Clarksons short sidekick is a total motorbike nutter. In a motor mag him and clarkson went head to head about bike versus car and the bikes came out way on top :headbang:

avgas
19th June 2006, 20:01
As I recall it Clarksons short sidekick is a total motorbike nutter. In a motor mag him and clarkson went head to head about bike versus car and the bikes came out way on top :headbang:
Yeh i noticed that too - made me snigger a little

Scorpygirl
19th June 2006, 20:07
Far-out this is a nearly two year old thread!!!!!!!! :wait: GOIFFS (Get over it)

:gob:

metric
19th June 2006, 20:10

link by any chance?

ogr1
19th June 2006, 20:10
Ah......... yes! Clarkson, the slack mouthed fat yorky git, with a hairdo that would put the jackson family to shame.
So, how come he's so entertaining?

2_SL0
23rd June 2006, 09:21
Both of the co-hosts are bike nuts. I read somewhere that Clarkson once admitted why he doesnt like bikes. It was something along the lines of he would kill himself on one and he knows it.

Biohazard
23rd June 2006, 09:45
Well Clarkson writes a column in one of Murdoch`s seedy little rags

Dude, I wouldnt call the Sunday Times Motoring Section Seedy....wtf are you on about ? Unless he writes for the The Sun or other shite like that aswell.

BTW - Hows the new shopping centre getting on ? :blip:

Motu
23rd June 2006, 09:47
The reason he says he doesn't like bikes is to create contreversy,and that's what sells his show - like the ''Cool wall'',if they all agreed on what went on the cool wall what would be the point.He's always winding up Hammond,bikes is just another of his windups.

Get over it FFS,and stop necromancing threads!

Bob
23rd June 2006, 23:56
I'm with Motu on this - this is a two year old news item, which has been superceded by a new item about the price getting a new bike minder:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=29892

So I'm going to snip this one off at the tail.

Trust you all understand why I'm doing this - if this was in a newspaper, it'd have been used for chip wrappers and forgotten a couple of years ago - but the wonders of the net means it has been dragged to the forefront long after it stopped being newsworthy... and this is a news page after all!

Bob