PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki sj125 clutch problems

rider 07
28th January 2007, 19:03
Hi guys,

I have a Suzuki sj 125 and I am having concerns about the clutch.
While the bike is in motion all is fine but when you start of from a stop it takes 2-3 seconds of throttle before it begins to move.
Could this be worn out clutch plates? or something more serious?
Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks, callum

98tls
28th January 2007, 19:08
Sounds like there stuffed mate.............any adjustment left on cable etc.....

rider 07
28th January 2007, 19:11
Sounds like there stuffed mate.............any adjustment left on cable etc.....

the clutch discs stuffed? and a small amount left on the cable

98tls
28th January 2007, 19:17
Take up the adjustment on the cable.............not familar with your bike but you should be able to adjust at the lever and at the other end........if that doesnt work then i would say your plates are buggered........clutch is a pretty simple thing and it wouldnt be hard to take cover off and have a look......you will soon be able to tell if plates are stuffed.......will have plates and steels.....steels will be a burnt browny colour.The fibres will be worn right down.........

rider 07
28th January 2007, 19:21
thanks a lot mate,
ill go have a look

xwhatsit
29th January 2007, 00:29
98tls, the SJ125 is a scooter -- it has a centrifugal clutch. You just wind the throttle and it should just pick up and go -- no gears. Where the clutch lever is on bikes, is the rear brake on the SJ125.

It sounds like the clutch has worn out. I'm not sure exactly what those centrifugal clutches look like on the inside... hopefully you just have to replace a single wearable part. I'd say that's a job for the shop, unless you're as poor and stupid as I am and want to attempt it on your own.

98tls
29th January 2007, 17:31
HAha whoops...............:innocent: sorry mate..........didnt mean to put you wrong.......i figured it was a bike..............:innocent: