PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, Firestorm

oldguy
8th February 2007, 22:48
Hi need help got a flat tyre tonight had to ride from servo to servo to keep putting air in to try and get home, that wasn't too bad, in the end I had to give up because she got so flat that it was sitting on the rim so I had to get of and have a rest before trying to push it to the next servo, thats were the problem began, she is a pig to push with a flat tyre, so idea will start bike up put in gear and walk her a long to the next servo.

Start her up, put stand up, pull clutch in, click in to gear, engine dies. does it every time need help can I bypass what ever is doing this.

sorry about the ramble.

oldguy
8th February 2007, 22:51
Sorry forgot I got it Home had to trailer it but I need help with why the F**K it keeps cutting out when I put it in gear

thanks John

Nasty
9th February 2007, 04:29
Hi need help got a flat tyre tonight had to ride from servo to servo to keep putting air in to try and get home, that wasn't too bad, in the end I had to give up because she got so flat that it was sitting on the rim so I had to get of and have a rest before trying to push it to the next servo, thats were the problem began, she is a pig to push with a flat tyre, so idea will start bike up put in gear and walk her a long to the next servo.

Start her up, put stand up, pull clutch in, click in to gear, engine dies. does it every time need help can I bypass what ever is doing this.

sorry about the ramble.

We called AA on Tuesday with a flat .. they came and put the bike on a truck and bought it home ... thats one way around it.

oldguy
9th February 2007, 06:36
We called AA on Tuesday with a flat .. they came and put the bike on a truck and bought it home ... thats one way around it.

The only time I didn't have my cellphone on me, lucky wasn't far from home,
getting tyre fixed no problem, just why the engine cuts out when I click it into gear.

Wheeliemonsta
9th February 2007, 07:06
Gidday,
Sounds like side stand switch to me - follow wiring back to where it plugs in, disconnect switch and bypass it with a simple wire shunt, with it out of the system the ignition system will be tricked into thinking the stand is up...

Worth a try...

Cheers

:Punk:

spookytooth
9th February 2007, 07:07
sounds like a fault in the cutout switch on ya stand may even just have some crap holding it in

jonbuoy
9th February 2007, 07:16
Yeah I would agree side stand - is the orange S light on the dash going out? Mine used to stick a bit of it got crap and chain lube in it.

oldguy
9th February 2007, 16:33
Thanks for the help, it was crap, chain lube around the switch pulled it apart good clean out and Bobs your uncle.

Thanks John

NighthawkNZ
9th February 2007, 16:37
Thanks for the help, it was crap, chain lube around the switch pulled it apart good clean out and Bobs your uncle.

Thanks John

was gonna suggest that too... but I won't :mellow:

Maha
9th February 2007, 18:56

sorry about the ramble.

Jeez John, you and tyres just dont get on do ya?......
I remember a similar story involving a trailer/bike not so long ago, after a rather big day up norf?....:yes:

oldguy
9th February 2007, 19:53
Jeez John, you and tyres just dont get on do ya?......
I remember a similar story involving a trailer/bike not so long ago, after a rather big day up norf?....:yes:

Haha lol ain't that the truth, you can also add that Muriwai to Mangawhai ride as well, bloody tyre had a slow leek, think I need a tyre sponsor.

McJim
9th February 2007, 20:04
Them VTR Thou's really chew tyres and chains up don't they.

Maha
9th February 2007, 20:14

Quicker than a Scotsman drinking at the Glasgow Inn........:dodge:

The_Dover
9th February 2007, 20:15

it must be that vicious honda power

Fatjim
10th February 2007, 12:52
VTR's aren;' that bad on tyres, chains or gas. It's all just a myth.

30k+ out of OEM chain, Aftermarket ~25k now with lots of adjustment left (mind you, when they start to stretch they really start to stretch)
Tyres, when you fang it they go, but thats the same on every bike excepts dovers.
Gas, 220-240 k's per tank, every time, unless I'm on the track.