PDA

View Full Version : Expert on YZFs needed

crazyxr250rider
10th February 2007, 12:01
ok heres the situation changed piston rings on bike acording to manual and now the bike seems to go better exept for the fact that it makes one heluva ratttle and seems louder from the right hand side cant think of any thing i did wrong, also i have a wopping total of $10 in the bank so taking to shop is not an option
I need to fix this bike badly because going without sleep isnt the best thing for your health......

xwhatsit
10th February 2007, 14:00
YZF250 is a single cylinder, so I would guess something to do with the camchain? Maybe you've done something odd with the tensioner?

k14
10th February 2007, 14:10
pretty sure yz250f is gear driven so don't think is cam chain. Hard to say what it is, i'd suggest getting someone who knows what they are doing to look at it cause its going to cost a whole lot more if you've missed something and the engine goes bang.

Sketchy_Racer
10th February 2007, 14:17
nope YZF is camchain.

Have you checked all your valve shims? they like to pick up a nice rattle when they tolerances get on the large side.

Great choice of bike BTW

crazyxr250rider
10th February 2007, 15:44
Valve clearances are fine within spec 0.11 In, 0.18 Ex standard=0.1-0.15 In, 0.17-0.22 Ex cam chain tentioned
I am in a teary state right now help would be appreciated

Sketchy_Racer
10th February 2007, 15:53
well, without hearing the bike, its really hard to help.

Just sit back, sift through the box of parts that didnt get put back in, and see if any of them are important.

seriously, it will be simple, but i wouldnt recommend riding it untill you Know what the noise is

scott411
15th February 2007, 15:07
check the timing chain tensioner is not stuck, i am pretty sure the timing chain runs on right side of motor on yzf's

crazyxr250rider
1st March 2007, 19:24
False allarm just put shim in wrong bucket all is well and goes better than ever.......i wana 450 still tho.......
Man im a dumbass.