PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle cop tape may solve JFK mystery

Bob
11th August 2004, 00:10
A cleaned-up copy of an audio tape of John F Kennedy's assassination may prove whether killer Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. The sound recording could strengthen or destroy conspiracy theories if it establishes - as some believe it will - how many shots were fired.

JFK was shot dead in his car in Dallas, Texas on 22 November 1963. The sound of the event was caught by the radio on a nearby police motorcycle, and captured on a plastic Dictaphone belt at police headquarters.

Despite its apparently crucial role in the case, the Dictaphone belt has not been played or copied since 1990, because of fears over its deteriorating state. Now scientists have begun digital scanning of the belt to make a modern copy.

Leslie Waffen, an archivist at the US National Archives, believes digital analysis could be used to remove such extraneous noise as static and distant voices to reveal how many of the sounds were gunshots.

Motu
11th August 2004, 08:03
WOW!!! JFK....was he the guy that was shot? gee wizz,gripping stuff,I gotta get a Wimans Weakly and check it out - I bet it's on the page after the latest story about who killed Princess Diana - did you here about that over there?

Bob
11th August 2004, 08:18
WOW!!! JFK....was he the guy that was shot? gee wizz,gripping stuff,I gotta get a Wimans Weakly and check it out - I bet it's on the page after the latest story about who killed Princess Diana - did you here about that over there?

Interesting... this item clearly annoys you enough to post the above comment... but something must have drawn you in to read it in the first place.

So did the article do it's job? Or was the title worded in a way that made you come and look at the item?

Genuinely interested - if this item disinterests you, then what drew you to read it? After all, the title does rather give the game away.

KATWYN
11th August 2004, 08:32
WOW!!! JFK....was he the guy that was shot? gee wizz,gripping stuff

Bob, You should have just ignored this smart arse that had nothing
interesting to contribute.

Antallica
11th August 2004, 08:55
So who exactly will be digitising it?
Americans being paid by the US government?

Wonder what shit they'll add to it just to keep americans dumb ;)

Paul in NZ
11th August 2004, 09:19
Been to Dallas, stood on the 'grassy knoll', been to the 'school book repositiry' and sat at the window......

As an ex hunter and a lousy shot with ex-military weapons.... All I can say, who every shot him was one fine marksman or bloody lucky...

This just adds fuel to the industry that exists there to recreate the whole thing. Amazing place! If you ever go to dallas, well worth a look... BUT.. Not as much as going to Big D Cycles.... (sob) Met the man wot built the Triumph streamliner that set the record at the salt flats that gave the Bonnie its name... A TRUE legend.... (with the photos to prove it)

Paul N

MikeL
11th August 2004, 10:34
WOW!!! JFK....was he the guy that was shot? gee wizz,gripping stuff

Having a bad day, Motu?

The JFK assassination enigma is of enduring interest to those with a modicum of intellectual curiosity. The truth is out there somewhere...

marty
11th August 2004, 12:15
an excellent doco on history channel a couple of weeks ago tended very convincing arguments about the grassy knoll theory. too many people have died mysterious deaths who have been involved in the investigation, for there not to be more behind the story. it is america after all, there's the cia, area 51, afganistan, columbia, oh - and iraq........

greenhorn
11th August 2004, 14:45
I have it on good authority that Elvis shot JFK

Motu
11th August 2004, 15:25
Interesting... this item clearly annoys you enough to post the above comment... but something must have drawn you in to read it in the first place.

So did the article do it's job? Or was the title worded in a way that made you come and look at the item?

Genuinely interested - if this item disinterests you, then what drew you to read it? After all, the title does rather give the game away.

I'm from the generation that knows where they were the day JFK died - if your post said ''Kruchev's lover had sex change'' I would look too,but even once a year for 40yrs is too many times to revisit this subject.I'm rather tierd of all the new findings in princess Di's death too,and she's never been off the front page yet.

Bob
11th August 2004, 19:48
Fair enough - I can't do JFK, but I do know where I was when Bobby was shot. But there seems to be enough interest still for me to decide this is a valid item to report. If nothing else, if it puts the conspiracy theories to bed, one way or the other, then all the effort involved in creating a digital copy of the tape before it disintegrates completely will be worth it.

Then maybe there will be less speculation and the families can finally put this behind them and get on with their lives.

spudchucka
12th August 2004, 00:01
Fair enough - I can't do JFK, but I do know where I was when Bobby was shot. But there seems to be enough interest still for me to decide this is a valid item to report. If nothing else, if it puts the conspiracy theories to bed, one way or the other, then all the effort involved in creating a digital copy of the tape before it disintegrates completely will be worth it.

Then maybe there will be less speculation and the families can finally put this behind them and get on with their lives.
Only thing is that if it kills off any of the conspiracy theories then there will be others generated before you can say "Man never landed on the moon".

Jackrat
12th August 2004, 22:54
It wasn't me,I wasn't any where near the place that day,There were no witnesses,ya' can't prove a thing,I know my rights,,,,,,,
Oh ya' mean THAT JFK,sorry! :o
Hey their never gonn'a tell the truth even if they do work it out.