PDA

View Full Version : cbr600F Gear box / selector ?

pocketcracker
27th February 2007, 18:47
Hi guys im hoping 1 or all of ya's could maybe hellp me or shed sum lite on my problem ..

i just purchased a cbr600f ..on saturday , Rode it home sweet as so smooth and powerful ..

Then rode from whangarei to auckland today got to orewa went to shift down and no go cant change down .. Lent down and shifted into lower gear with hand .. Hmmm .. Can change up smooth as ever but cant change down with foot .. Gotta lean down and slightly life gear lever up then down to change down ..

On inspection my lever seems to not return to a nutral position .. You press down it stays down ..

Any ideas..

My first thought was maybe there is a return spring int eh gear box But i dont know .. as i cant find info on net and dont have a manuel ..

All and any help or suggestions Is appreciated.

Pwalo
28th February 2007, 07:33
FWIW it sounds like a return spring, so hopefully not too major.

I'm sure that there are a few CBR owners around who could send you the relevant details.

Goblin
28th February 2007, 07:51
You could try PMing T.W.R. He has quite a wealth of knowlege on all sorts of makes and models.:yes:

pocketcracker
28th February 2007, 09:49
thanks goblin .. Will do. And thank you for replying In my hour of need !

digsaw
28th February 2007, 09:54
Or you could oil the gearchange shaft where it enters the cases,could be dry and sticky . worth a shot :yes:

pocketcracker
28th February 2007, 12:09
have dropped it into local honda store .. On first glance the guy informs me its ether .. Selector spring broken or Fallen out of the grove. As the selector is droppy..

pocketcracker
2nd March 2007, 16:42
got bike back today from planet honda Whangarei .. Awsome job guys.. Replaced broken selector spring .. Renewed all gaskets .. Free'd up linkages.. And repaired the crack in the bottom bolt mount for my fairings .. All to a total of $97 Dollars .. Im 1 very HAPPY customer ..