PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke engine reconditioners in Auckland

M0T0MAN
5th March 2007, 20:32
I have a kdx200 and am planning on reconditioning it. Has anyone had any success with any reconditioners for cylinder boring. Whos the best person to see.

Henk
5th March 2007, 21:41
Chances are thats a plated barrel so boring in might not be such a good idea. I could be wrong with the vintage though.
I've seen electroplaters advertise in kiwi rider / MC trader I think, and thats probably what you are looking at.
This is where someone tells me that this bike definitely has a re boreable liner in the barrel no doubt.

F5 Dave
6th March 2007, 08:14
Definitely plated unless someone has made an after market one. Also the powervalves will need inspection to see they aren't seized/striped.

If you can see a liner pressed in then you can bore it, otherwise a better fix is replate. Magnet if don't believe eyes.

Think it is TePuke that advertise for Electrosil in Aus, but you can send direct, do a google if you want to find it. I've used US Chrome http://www.uschrome.com/ & found them to be very good, postage isn't that much & our $ is ok (but slipping) so will still be cheaper than a liner.