PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion dies in bike accident at Sturgis

Bob
17th August 2004, 00:10
A mountain lion that tried to cross a busy Sturgis highway during the Rally was killed by a motorcycle.

The cat tried to make it across South Dakota Highway 34 near Sturgis City Park Friday night. Troopers say the couple on the motorcycle suffered minor injuries. The lion was young and relatively small, weighing less than 50 lbs and was no more than 1 1/2 years old.

tuscan
17th August 2004, 09:53
Yeah, I always keep an eye out for Mountain Lions... :doobey:

Kickaha
17th August 2004, 19:56
Yeah, I always keep an eye out for Mountain Lions... :doobey:

Yeah I find I always have to check under the ute in for them in the morning before I head off to work,they're bloody everywhere.

scumdog
17th August 2004, 20:19
Yeah, hit a few on the way to Kaka Point, mostly they don't worry me :eek:

'course up near Sturgis they don't look quite so much like hares!!. :msn-wink:

Skyryder
27th September 2004, 10:23
Bloody lucky mum was not about

Skyryder

NC
27th September 2004, 10:27
Yeah I find I always have to check under the ute in for them in the morning before I head off to work,they're bloody everywhere.

:killingme :killingme

Krayy
27th September 2004, 14:17
Word to the wise...don't try doing this to a Wombat. You'd bend the front wheel and forks.

vifferman
27th September 2004, 14:34
Word to the wise...don't try doing this to a Wombat. You'd bend the front wheel and forks.Yeah, apparently they're known as "mobile speedbumps" in parts of Oz.:crazy:
I like wombats, but although I kept an eye open for them on my recent trip to Melbourne (especially where they were advertised on "Wombat Crossing next 3 km" signs), I didn't see a single one.:disapint:

Krayy
27th September 2004, 15:04
I like wombats, but although I kept an eye open for them on my recent trip to Melbourne (especially where they were advertised on "Wombat Crossing next 3 km" signs), I didn't see a single one.:disapint:

I had the same problem with Roos. On the way from Adelaide to Sydney, everyone said "Don't drive at night, you'll hit a roo", or "You'll se a lot of Roos going that way". I was keen as mustard to level one and didn't see anything. I did have a zip around Mt Panorama though. Very tight at the top, even doing 60km/h. BTW, does that cop LIVE halfway down Conrod straight????