PDA

View Full Version : honda hornet 250

Timaa
13th March 2007, 17:37
just bought a hornet 250... when the engine is running its making a noise thats rather loud and me being the noob that i am , i dont know if it should sound like that or not, but its running fine otherwise... thorts or some advice would be awesome please...
Cheers
Tim

Drum
13th March 2007, 17:44
What kind of noise?

Rattle, clunk, knock? Only when in gear? Or in neutral as well?

Edit: And welcome to the site.

Timaa
13th March 2007, 21:27
well its kinda hard to explain, sort of a rattle but not really, and its in every gear aas far as i can tell, but it mite just be how its supposed to sound. iunno, cause the bike runs great anyway, (not that i would know wat great is but still seems fine) maybe i should just get a technician to listen to it?

TerminalAddict
13th March 2007, 21:53
chain adjustment ??

McJim
13th March 2007, 22:05
Is it when the engine is running or just when the bike is moving under power?

If it's just when the engine is running does it continue when you pull the clutch in?

I have a Honda (different model I know) and it makes a faint rattle in Neutral when the clutch is released - this sound disappears when you pull the clutch in.

Have you got enough oil in the engine?

Squiggles
13th March 2007, 22:25
not just that clickity tappety click tap noise all bikes make as all the bits inside move around is it? i thought mine sounded a bit wrong but after listening to other bigger bikes i can see its the same sort've noise

Drum
14th March 2007, 07:55
You could take it into your friendly motorcycle shop and ask "does this sound normal?'.