PDA

View Full Version : My two-stroke is driving me mad!

moheqian
25th March 2007, 13:05
hello im a new member so hello evry body! i own a 2 stroke 250 mc18 wit h an mc 21 engine its constantly been giving me problems 4 6 mths unfortunatly i have riden it oncce or twice so love the feel of a 2 stroke! basicly i have overhauled the carberettas and new plugs and it was running mint, on my first ride i have made it 2kms b4 it died arghhhhh. this is the story of my bikes life. at last tested my compresion was 113 and 104 quiet low but i dont think its blowen rings, i maybe wrong. can somebody help?

wtf?
25th March 2007, 15:56
even if compression is low or bad, it is unlikely to be the cause of an intermittant problem. IMO most likely culprits are fuel or spark. more detailed description of symptoms/what was happening at the time it died etc will help. you mention other problems-if you can decribe these, they might be related.

Racey Rider
25th March 2007, 16:24
Blocked fuel tank vent??

Does it start again after a while?
If so, when it next stops, pull the fuel line to the carbs off straight away and see if there is fuel flow happening.

Or it may be something else. :yes:

CM2005
25th March 2007, 16:52
giv ya $50 for it!

Grub
25th March 2007, 16:52
If so, when it next stops, pull the fuel line to the carbs off straight away and see if there is fuel flow happening.

I'm picking that he might be right. But Racey may I suggest NOT using blue. I'm using the Dark Universe and could not read your ,ost until I quoted it.

Has anything been painted on the bike? (like the vent). Has it been sitting where a spider(s) have made their home. I found a weta in my boot, they like dark (aromatic?) places.

We found with the FXR there was an issue with fuel being able to fill the float chamber as quickly as the fuel was being drained when at high loads. Seems it all points back at fuel.

CM2005
25th March 2007, 17:07
Fuel evapouration? hot hot does it get? blocked jets? shitty old two stroke?

crazybigal
25th March 2007, 18:03
what are the plugs like? this will tell you alot about fuel mixture and other problems.
dont ride it round at low revs too much either

F5 Dave
26th March 2007, 16:44
Welcome to KB. You may find an answer here, but it will be surrounded by several near guesses & a few wild ones.

My wild guess is crank seal is leaking & oiling up a plug, but need more info.

CM2005
26th March 2007, 16:46
sticking powervalves. wild guess number two.

F5 Dave
26th March 2007, 16:50
no, next.

CM2005
26th March 2007, 16:54
reading that again, it points at a gas supply prob.