PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slipping

slopster
6th April 2007, 15:42
My clutch was worn so I pulled it to bits and replaced the friction plates. The steels looked ok though a couple had slight blueing on them. Now that its back together it slips a little when its cold. Not severly but enough to notice. After about 5 minutes riding it comes right. I was just wondering if this is normal and maybe takes a while to bed in properely. I've done about 500kms on it.

Sensei
6th April 2007, 18:00
Have learnt from past clutch replacements that you do all Fibres/ Metals / & springs . If you have blue metals then there is a high chance they will be bent & lost their grip , same with the springs they will more than likely have compressed alittle & are now not hold the correct torque which can all lead to slipage , Messure the metals on a flat surface with a feeler blade underneath them to find if they are still straight & messure the length of your springs & find their correct lenght and compare . If clutch cable is set correctly then you shouldn't have any Slipping if all parts are new or in spec .

Paul in NZ
6th April 2007, 18:29
Easier to hold all the steels together in a 'pack'and hold it up to the light. Any bends and you will see light through them - well it works on old bikes like mine...:third: Just did the Triumph clutch - blardy good..

Motu
6th April 2007, 21:47
I'm surprised no one has asked if you have used car oil......

I presume you have adjusted both the clutch actuator freeplay and cable correctly.Did you check the springs? I often change plates and springs at the same time....springs sag with age.